HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Whitetail addiction WOW!!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/70350-whitetail-addiction-wow.html)

bubba74701 08-25-2004 07:55 PM

Whitetail addiction WOW!!!!!!

About three weeks ago I thought about trying something I had never used before.Whitetail Addiction in the liquid form.
I went to my hidy hole raked the leaves back and made a small hole 3 feet in diamitor and pored the liquid into it.I checked it a week later and nothing touched it.I began to think this was another farse to sell somthing that does'nt work[:'(].I brought some corn in a couple of days later and spread it around the trail and pored some into the hole.
Went back wednesday and found deer sighn and a small wallowed out spot where I put this stuff out.I went out today and the hole is at least 8 inches deeper and raked out with deer traks everywhere:D:D.
My stand is pearched 20 yards from this area and hidden well, I hope.Im not trying to sell this stuff but am very impressed with it.
Has anyone else had good luck with this in the past

MO_Bowhnter 08-25-2004 08:14 PM

RE: Whitetail addiction WOW!!!!!!

It was probably the corn that attracted them. My friend has a feeder with corn behind his house. It took deer one night to find it. He then used the same product you mentioned and they don't touch it nearly as much as the corn. That's just my observation.

bobcat 10 08-25-2004 08:34 PM

buck grub works for me.........deer tracks all over the place.....

farm hunter 08-25-2004 10:14 PM

I wouldn't assume there is anything magical going on - Deer really like salts - and I'll bet that's the main ingredient in the solution.

Here's a lick that was used alot over 2 weeks - the pit was well worked - but never once did a legal buck visit the lick - we had a camera on it.

But you never know - your spot could be a batchelor buck - hotspot.

highcountry13 08-25-2004 10:14 PM

theres sumthing liek u are talkin about named Deer Cane it takes a lil bit for them to find it but wow do they love it i guess its supposed to be addicting to deer liek cocaine is i dunno but thats where i always thought the name came from

DoubleLung55 08-25-2004 10:38 PM

along with highcountry13 , we both hunt the same land , the CANE works wodners , although as mentioned above ihave never seena buck at it , all youngsters and doe..... it does say on the package tho , WARNING DEER MAY PROTECT DEERCANE SITE < USE CAUTION WHEN ENTERING THE AREA WITH DEERCANE SITE....... and they r suppsoed to roll around in it , like make a wallow to mark it as their own territory ..... but i havent seen it ..

Bobcat i have been eyeing up that buck grub , if you say it works , i may get a box for out in the backyard and see how the deer eat it , and maybe get some for next year ..... since the 30 days is close to up here in PA

bubba74701 08-26-2004 04:37 PM

I would like to try the buck grub too but cant find it locally.Guess I might try to order thru Cabelas or Bass Pro.I even checked the local feed stores and they acted uninterested in even ordering some.Thanks for the advice.:)