Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

walmart arrows?

Old 09-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: walmart arrows?

I'm going to bet that the manufacturers that allow their product to be sold on the shelves at Wal-Mart, KMart, etc. are not willing to risk their reputation by distributing an inferior product. Buy it from Wal-Mart and if it works fine, so be it. The beer I buy from Wal-Mart tastes just as good as from the local liquor store.

That being said, make sure your equipment fits you. Go to a pro shop and get it all taken care of...from arrows, bow, etc.

Good luck!
Old 09-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

I purchased 3 wal mart arrows at the end of season clearance last year and started using them this summer. I was already shooting Carbon Express so I figured why not give them a try. IMO they are just as accurate at the ones from the pro shop. The only thing I would say is that the factory glue job on the fletching is poor. But this is an easy fix.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:38 PM

In reference to walmart selling factory rejects and the like, that is false. Who told you that, I shop I bet. I was told the same thing by a gun store once concerning a rifle. I asked why a marlin .22 was almost $100 more at the gun shop than it was right down the road at wally world. I pretty much knew the answer, I just wanted to see what he said. He told me the ones at walmart and k-mart and dunhams were sub par weapons and would not shoot as accurate as his rifles. I said really and left.

I went home and e-mailed remington and Marlin to ask what thier opinion on it was. Marlin answered and said that was not the case. Remington answered and sounded down right PO'd and wanted the name of the dealer that told me this. He said this was absolulutely not the case and Remington did not sell substandard products to anyone. If they don't meet the criteria, they get thrown away. Employees can't even get them. And he was pretty confident most other manufacturers had the same policy.

He said large chains sell the weapons cheaper because they order thousands of them in advance of production and like wise get a discount for it. And a particular shop may only sell 10 or so a season, so they pay a different price. He assured me however they are the same exact products and are not made any differently or earmarked for a certain company. They all come out of the same bin so to speak. And if they were to sell Walmart inferior products compared to a gun shop they would drop them and sell a different product.

He told me it works the same way as our archery equipment. You pay for service. You may be able to get it cheaper at walmart, but if you have any questions or problems, good luck. Where a small dealer is more willing to help you out. If the guy at the shop would have told me this I would have been happy and maybe bought a gun from him. I don't care to be lied to in order to make a sale.

So the same would apply for arrows at walmart. If you compare them model # for model # they are the same arrows you would get anywhere else. However the ones at walmart will usually be the cheapest models a company sells. They also have products made for them by other companies like Cabella's and Bass Pro does.

Paul
Old 09-13-2004, 07:41 PM

i was watching wal mart outdooars and they had to cut the arrows down to size for speed and accuracy.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for clearing that up Paul.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:52 AM

Paul:

From personal experiences, and having the ability to thoroughly analyze certain situations, I'll have to disagree with you. I've seen problems with guns, clothes, bows and arrows. The differences are most often very subtle, but they're there in a lot of instances.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Kat
Spike

I"ve killed 5 deer with wa-mart arrows. They seem to work for me
Old 09-18-2004, 10:06 PM

u need to cut them down to your length
Old 09-19-2004, 08:20 AM

I shoot a 29" arrow and WalMart sells the 29" and 31".They had 3 carbon styles to choose from.
Terminator Carbon Express 4.86 per arrow
Terminator Hunter 5.76 per arrow
Carbon Wolverine 3.17 per arrow
Considering price and quality which would you choose?Thanks for your opinion.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:30 AM

I agree walmart doesnt normally sell defective stuff. Here is one thing that does happen though. In many areas they push the manufacturer to bring prices down so they change certain materials to accomidate it. It looks the same as the other product elsewhere but the numbers will be a little different. This is apparent in rifles (stock material is different on some), tents (floors of the eurekas are different), and fishing reels (use of more plastic than stainless steel in the guts). These are only the areas I know of. It normally doesnt effect performance enough to notice and normally willl outlast the length of time a normal person uses a product before buying a newer model.
Hope that helps some.

Quick Reply: walmart arrows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.