Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

walmart arrows?

Old 08-25-2004, 03:27 PM

Default walmart arrows?

i purchased some walmart arrows a few months ago because i could afford them. ive been using them for target practice and they have been doin alright. they seem a bit long though. are these arrows reliable? and do they come too long because of the general shoppers at walmart?
raim
Old 08-25-2004, 03:34 PM

Default RE: walmart arrows?

What arrows are they? All arrows come long so you can cut them down how you like them.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:52 PM

Oh boy here come the overnight archers right before the season. I will go ahead and appologize for my statement. Get a real archery shop to help you.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:27 PM
kec

Walmart arrows are probably fine. What equipment do you have? If you are using a bow that does not fit you correctly, you will never be able to shoot your best. You should be fitted for a bow. Once fitted and the bow is set up, they can measure you for the proper arrow length and proper arrow spline. If your bow fits you already just have the pro shop cut your arrows to the proper size (as long as they are of proper spline).

Welcome to Archery

KEC
Old 09-12-2004, 05:12 PM

You need to get them cut, are you new to hunting?
Old 09-12-2004, 05:21 PM

i had no problems with the arrows i bought at WalMart, of course they were Carbon Express Terminator Hunters that just happened to be the proper length.

Absolutely nothing wrong with saving a few bucks here and there when you can.

Buying at Wal-Mart doesnt make you any less of a hunter even though some would like to make you think that.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Dominant Buck

I buy arrows both at Wal Mart and from Cabela's ,
and I haven't had problems with either ones . They have all shot well . The one's from Cabela's were cut down and inserted at the pro shop . The Wally arrows are mostly for practice , although I also practice with the nicer ones .
Old 09-12-2004, 09:08 PM

They carry both the 31" and The 29" arrows. You might have grabed the 31 incher. The 29 inch are just right for me.
Good luck!
Old 09-13-2004, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Nothing wrong with arrows from walmart. Ive killed deer with them. Just get them cut to your lengh. Or if they shoot well and give good broadhead groups I would use them as is.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard that Walmart sells the factory reject arrows that are out of spec.

I've used them in the past for practice and bought some this year for my wife to practice with. Killed my first deer with a walmart arrow

Quick Reply: walmart arrows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.