Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Crossbows and where to get answers >

Crossbows and where to get answers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crossbows and where to get answers

Old 08-25-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Crossbows and where to get answers

Every now and then we get questions about crossbows. Most of us here don't use them, so we can't offer much info on them. Others seem to flat out despise them, comparing them with high powered rifles or something. Irregardless of our individual opinions on them the questions either go unanswered or are answered briefly and not very well. They get about two or three hits and die or get burried in all the other daily posts that hit this site. Unless they start a debate or pissing contest then they go on for pages. Yet still not giving any good information for the person needing answers.

I got to thinking, "Man, isn't there someplace these people can go to get more answers or find more sympathetic people to help them?" So I did a quick search on Yahoo and came up with two forums dedicated to Crossbows and Crossbow hunting. I know, it's only two, but it's better than nothing.

One is from the excalibur people it seems, here is the link:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/php...wforum.php?f=1

The other seems to be a state board for PA hunters, here is the link for that one:

http://www.huntingpa.com/ubbthreads/...t=&Board=UBB70

I am by no means trying to run people off from this site. I personally don't care what you use to hunt. I just thought it would be a better way of getting someone the info they need.

Good luck,
Paul
Old 08-25-2004, 02:01 PM

Default RE: Crossbows and where to get answers

I think if the question is hunting related we try to help as much as we can, I know I do but I just don't know anything about crossbows. I certainly don't want people to feel they are not welcome, we are all hunters and I try to do my best to help everyone out. I check the pse forum (they also make crossbows) but they had nothing for crossbows exclusively.

I read all the post but if I have nothing cinstructive to add (unless it's funny or I think its funny) I don't post.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:22 PM

I agree, I try to do like wise. It just seems these people come here looking for answers and we often don't have many. And more often or not they get some attitude or snyde remark as well or instead. If it even gets answered to begin with. And not just here, every archery site I have been to is sort of that way. I am in no way implying we have a bunch of rude biased people here. Most try to help out when they can, or like you said poke a little fun when they get they chance. It only takes a few to make someone feel unwelcome though. Like in one of the recent posts someone asked about a cross bow for his friend because he has a bad arm. Someone chimes in and asks why he can't shoot left handed? I am sure that's not what he came here looking for.

So I decided to do the next best thing. If I can't answer a question, I can at least point someone in the right direction. This way maybe they can get some answers from someone that knows more about the subject and is more enthusiastic about it. I would still like them to stay members here. Like you said it is after all a hunting forum. The same basic tactics are used. You don't gain a big advantage in range or anything. You just don't have to draw when the game is in front of you. And this way when they learn all about it maybe they can answer some of the questions when people come here. Heck, I might start checking those boards out just to take care of some of my own curiousities.

Paul
Old 08-26-2004, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Paul,
Thanks for the advice, and your attitude. I'll check into the links you provided here.

SC