HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   broadheads (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/70250-broadheads.html)

getnbit 08-25-2004 07:29 AM

broadheads

Is anyone else having trouble finding a fixed blade that fly's ok with carbon arrows????

dough boy 08-25-2004 07:32 AM

RE: broadheads

Try Muzzys. I love them. I don't think the problem is the carbon arrows, it may be that you have to make adjustments to your bow when you switch from shooting your field points to shooting your broadheads!!!
GOOD LUCK!!!

getnbit 08-25-2004 07:36 AM

i tried muzzys and thunderheads, neither fly well. There is no way to tune a carbon. i was thinking of trying the new nitron smaller head.

RTA47 08-25-2004 08:14 AM

getnbit- Most of the time fixed blades do not fly just the same as field points! As long as your fixed blade heads all fly the same and hit the same just adjust your sights to the fixed blades! --There are ways to make your fixed heads to fly like your field points but it takes a lot of tweeking and adjusting[&:][:'(]

getnbit 08-25-2004 08:19 AM

ill probably go back to Goldtips. That way i can still shoot field tips everyday as well. these are the best expandable heads on the market but i was just willing to try something different.

nub 08-25-2004 09:56 AM

What do you mean can't tune with carbons? [&:] Go back to Gold Tips? Isn't that a carbon?[:o] Ever try a Slick Trick? Or hell, just slap a mechanical on it eh? Don't that fix all your problems?[>:]

getnbit 08-25-2004 10:08 AM

yea , Goldtip broadheads are what i was refering to. They are mechanical! In order to effectively "tune" a fixed blade you have to be able to heat and move the insert, which you cant do with carbons.

Q2Solocam 08-25-2004 10:22 AM

Getnbit, I think you are confused on how to tune a broadhead. Go to Easton's web page and download the tuning guide. It has a section on broadheads that will help you.

Kanga 08-25-2004 10:24 AM

In order to effectively "tune" a fixed blade you have to be able to heat and move the insert
Oh no I have been doing it wrong all these years:D.

I have never had to heat and move an insert.
By the sound of it when your arrows where cut they was not cut square.
before you glue the insert in try screwing your Broadhead into the insert and then pushing it into the shaft and then SPIN test.

You can move the insert around untill it spins true then mark both arrow and insert apply glue push insert in so the marks line up.

If you cant get them to spin true then most likely the cut is not square.

nub 08-25-2004 11:11 AM

These?

Sale priced 3 for 8.95?[:o] I think you should read up on tuning. Bows and arrows.