Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadheads

Old 08-25-2004, 07:29 AM

Default broadheads

Is anyone else having trouble finding a fixed blade that fly's ok with carbon arrows????
Old 08-25-2004, 07:32 AM

Default RE: broadheads

Try Muzzys. I love them. I don't think the problem is the carbon arrows, it may be that you have to make adjustments to your bow when you switch from shooting your field points to shooting your broadheads!!!
GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 07:36 AM

i tried muzzys and thunderheads, neither fly well. There is no way to tune a carbon. i was thinking of trying the new nitron smaller head.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

getnbit- Most of the time fixed blades do not fly just the same as field points! As long as your fixed blade heads all fly the same and hit the same just adjust your sights to the fixed blades! --There are ways to make your fixed heads to fly like your field points but it takes a lot of tweeking and adjusting[&:][:'(]
Old 08-25-2004, 08:19 AM

ill probably go back to Goldtips. That way i can still shoot field tips everyday as well. these are the best expandable heads on the market but i was just willing to try something different.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:56 AM
nub

What do you mean can't tune with carbons? [&:] Go back to Gold Tips? Isn't that a carbon?[] Ever try a Slick Trick? Or hell, just slap a mechanical on it eh? Don't that fix all your problems?[>:]
Old 08-25-2004, 10:08 AM

yea , Goldtip broadheads are what i was refering to. They are mechanical! In order to effectively "tune" a fixed blade you have to be able to heat and move the insert, which you cant do with carbons.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:22 AM

Getnbit, I think you are confused on how to tune a broadhead. Go to Easton's web page and download the tuning guide. It has a section on broadheads that will help you.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

In order to effectively "tune" a fixed blade you have to be able to heat and move the insert
Oh no I have been doing it wrong all these years.

I have never had to heat and move an insert.
By the sound of it when your arrows where cut they was not cut square.
before you glue the insert in try screwing your Broadhead into the insert and then pushing it into the shaft and then SPIN test.

You can move the insert around untill it spins true then mark both arrow and insert apply glue push insert in so the marks line up.

If you cant get them to spin true then most likely the cut is not square.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:11 AM
nub

These?

Sale priced 3 for 8.95?[] I think you should read up on tuning. Bows and arrows.

Quick Reply: broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.