Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Can everyone afford to shoot what they want? >

Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

Old 08-24-2004, 03:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

Hell no I can't shoot what I want. I'm married.[&:]
Old 08-24-2004, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think even if I had the money I probably couldn't part with some of the prices on bows these days. I just bought a new one this summer. I was prepared to spend more but the one I found and liked came in a bit under my alloted budget.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:46 AM

NOPE I LIKE TO SHOOT A NEW HOYT!!! BUT ISHOOT WITH MY OLD GOLDEN EAGLE PREATOR, GETS THE JOB DONE BUT I DESERVE BETTER BUT I GUESS THATS WHAT GET WHEN YOU HAVE A FAMILY. MYBE NEXT YEAR THINGS WILL BE DIFFRENT BUT INTILL THEN LOOK OUT DEER IAM STILL COMING YOUR WAY
Old 08-24-2004, 06:08 AM

Thats what these cost of living raises I keep getting at work are for.....the rising cost of hunting equipment. I'm not wealthy by any means but I budget my money well and use whatever is left over for my hobbies, plus my wife is cool and doesnt mind me buying new toys. So I usually end up getting the stuff I want.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I finally got the bow that I absolutely wanted two years ago. I was very pickey and had everything planned out ahead of time. Bowtech pro38, MZE, copper johns, beman ICS etc... To buy everything brand new it would have cost me right around $1000. I just looked around and got lucky. A tech at my local bowshop had one already set up exactly to these specs and sold it to me for $500 complete. He already had a few bowtechs and didn't shoot this one much. The only problem is that I'm dying to get a new one already.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, but I do it anyway
Old 08-24-2004, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got it even worse than the married guys....

I am married and have TWIN DAUGHTERS IN COLLEGE!!!!! [&:][] Money, what money??!? [:-]

Butch A.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:47 AM

With proper financial planning - yes.

of course proper financial planning usually means making sure the Mrs. gets something of equal or greater value
Old 08-24-2004, 09:41 AM

I'm very happy with my purchase. I've shot PSE bows since I got into the sport 12 years ago and never had a problem with their bows (arrows are a diffrent story). As long as I continue to have good luck I'll probably never switch.

2003 PSE Firestorm Lite
30" 74lbs draw
Old 08-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I could actually have a more expensive bow than I do. My experience has been than most bows, when tuned properly, will shoot very well as long as you are shooting good quality arrows. This is a common and often repeated idea, supposedly coming from Native Americans many years ago, but I'll bet ancient European archers said about the same thing. I have owned some bows that generally are well respected-Mathews, Bowtech, Hoyt, etc. I have found that they don't really shoot any better than other bows I have. I continue to try newer bows out of curiosity, only to be underwhelmed.

Quick Reply: Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.