Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Can everyone afford to shoot what they want? >

Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

Old 08-24-2004, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

I have found that they don't really shoot any better than other bows I have. I continue to try newer bows out of curiosity, only to be underwhelmed.
Joe you know those bows will only shoot as good as the shooter
Old 08-24-2004, 10:19 AM

I can't afford to shoot what I would like. I would like to shoot a lion-$50,000 a cheetah 20,000 and a few other Big African game animals and I can't afford it. Oh did you mean bow?
Old 08-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am thankful that I am able to shoot the bow that I want.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

LMAO, hm.. Wants!! Needs!! Make do with what you have! hm..

As I think of all these, I know I can afford whatever is on the market. However I also look for the deals etc and comparisons of them all. Being into wholesales I often find the cheapest way out but good quality more money for other things if you know what I mean.

I've read many threads Bow "M" vs Bow "P" etc., and thought wow I wonder if a deer ever thinks about what a particular hunter is shooting..lol In any case I've up graded from my Mountaineer Aggressor with a Fred Bear Pro Master with 302 F.P.S I'm happy with it! I guess I'm saying I don't keep up with the jones persay even though I can afford it. My children come first and foremost along with their education.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Krotalus, you're the man! My wife did just get a $700 decorative table that she just "needed." I guess I'm due for a new Bowtech, eh?

Actually, all 3 of my boys finally started shooting 3D with me this year, mostly 10-12 target rounds. Most of my bow shooting budget will be used to upgrade their new equipment. Best money I could spend, IMO.

My 9 year old went a full 30 targets with me Sunday morning. He shot a 210 with 5 X (club counts Xs instead of 12s) . Sort of made me forget about my first clean miss in 10 years. LOL[&:]
Old 08-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could afford any bow I want. That said, I still shoot my Pro-Line Force II from the mid 80's. Like I said, I shoot it well, it's safe, and I don't want to change my name on this board...

Actually it was a high-dollar bow when I bought it. $300 set up.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

I'm lucky enough to shoot what I want. My stepson wants to upgrade from his Browning to a Mathews Mustang but doesn't have the money to do that and everything else he wants.[X(] I keep telling him, a Man's got to have his priorities.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:12 PM

i cant really. if i could i probably would shoot a mathews. but as a teenager in high school, moneys on the short side. ( the ladies)
Old 08-24-2004, 07:15 PM

Same as the Nuge, But Remember nuge we don't have to pay taxes,car, and house payments either
Old 08-24-2004, 09:09 PM

To answer the question - YES. But, do I get a new bow every year - NO. Actually, I have been shooting the same bow model for the past 6-7 years. I upgrade only when I see improvements that I feel will be beneficial. For example, my new bow is slower than previous models; but, it is smoother to draw and more quiet. IMPO, those two offset the need for speed.

And, as others have stated, it's NOT the bow.

Quick Reply: Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.