Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Words cannot express my fealings... >

Words cannot express my fealings...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Words cannot express my fealings...

Old 08-24-2004, 12:26 AM
c j
Typical Buck

Default RE: Words cannot express my fealings...

Who cares about the deer - the important part is that your dad made it out ok. It could have been a lot worse. You never know when someone might go into shock. Sounds like you did a great job stabilizing him and getting help.

Our prayers go out to your dad.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Idaho hunter 58 I truly hope all is well with your dad, and he is in our prayers. I have a question or a request for you. My wife and I are archery education instructors for the Idaho Fish and Game in Idaho Falls. To make a long story short every year when we teach tree stand safety, people tune us out, ignore us or say that the hunters that get hurt are treestand hunter from the east. To get to my point I am asking your permissin to tell your story in class. If you want, and when you have time, I would love it if you could e-mail me a first hand account of the accident the way you would like it to be told in class. Of course you and your dad's identity would be kept confidential. I hope this doesn't offend you. There is a saying wise people learn from experience, super wise people learn from others experience. This is what I'm trying to accomplish to help people learn from others. On a side note where are you from, in Idaho? And if you are around the IF area is there anything I can do to help out. Thanks
Old 08-24-2004, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Idaho hunter! sorry to hear that this accident happened ,I hope your father has a complete and fast recovery from his fall ,unfortunately it sound's as if this falls hunting is going to be ruined by this ,but his leg is definetly more inportant than hunting .There's alway's next year .Keep us posted on his recovery and get some sleep bud.

nubo
Old 08-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

We're glad your both out and okay from this point on. That's a heck of an ordeal and a great warning to others. Every year we get one or two and it happens in seconds and in this case, it turned out at least marginally okay. We can all learn a lesson from this and I appreciate you bringing it to us.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:04 AM

Your father is luck to have been with you. Your quick action probably saved him a world of hurt and possibly much more. Back country rescues can be tricky and a lot of variables come into play. I'm glad to hear you got him out and that he will recover fine. I hope all works out for the better Give you dad a get well soon for us!
Old 08-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for sharing your story! Sorry that your dad had the accident, but so glad he is going to be OK!

Good work on your part as well as the rescue team!!

Will remember you in my prayers!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Glad to hear your Dad is okay.

In light of you and your Dad's situation, your story taught some valuable lessions in hunting:

Always use a safety harnest and always let someone know your location if you hunt alone.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:20 PM

I will look over the story and see if there is anything to add. I know i will never start up a tree with out a harness again, nor will I let anyone with me!!!

We are from north idaho.

I will email you personally later when I have time with a little more detailed story.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to hear everything worked out OK. There are a lot more things more important then hunting. Don't wory about the season. Hang out with your Dad.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't imagine anything worse than seeing my dad hurt. I too will keep you both in my prayers.

Quick Reply: Words cannot express my fealings...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.