Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunt all day on opener >

Hunt all day on opener

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunt all day on opener

Old 08-19-2004, 02:47 PM

Default RE: Hunt all day on opener

Ain't nothing quite as sweet as a Noonie - Boonie
Old 08-19-2004, 03:00 PM

afternoon hunt
Old 08-19-2004, 03:07 PM

I gotta find a spot where i can hunt mornings yet..i have a good evening spot if hte wind is right. i got a few more spots i have to scout out yet.

slayer
Old 08-19-2004, 03:34 PM

I will wait and see what Mother Nature has in store for our opener. Last year there was high winds in my area which negated stand hunting. I still hunted that day, using the howling winds to mask my movement and played the wind to my advantage but had a non productive opener. Early season is my favorite time to still hunt because all the shrubs and saplings are still loaded with foliage and provide good cover to hide and when fortunate they provide the cover you seek when you set up an ambush. Good luck to all on their openers.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:50 PM

A few hours the first morning hoping to see the 9 pointer with the split G-1 that I've gotten pictures of, and a couple of hours in the afternoons until towards the end of October. Plus I will save my best spots, or what I hope to be my best spots, until primetime. When I first started bowhunting I sat way too many hours early in the season and was burned out by the time I should have been sitting all day. Now I spend more time early in the season checking new areas and moving cameras.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

Ill hunt till bout 10am and come back about 3:00 till dark... Heck I have to condition myself to sit all day.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:40 AM

I'll be taking it easy all through September and early October (Our season opens Sept 15th). My wife has a little patience with my hunting, but it isn't unlimited. I want to bank up my time in the woods until later in October and early November. However, I'll still hit some evenings the first month of the season, just to see what might be moving out there.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah i did the whole day thing last year. but two years ago i baged a doe and a 10 pointer. then the rest of the year i spent letting 8 and 6 pointers walk by during the rut hoping to get a nice 10-12 pointer for the second buck.

and i was done with my tags by 10:00 Am opening day. i coudl have shot a bunch more does but i already got my two.

most of the time i just hunt morning and then again at night with a 3-4 hour break in between.... until the rut hits and then its all day every day... and then after that its about what i feel like... evening or morning but not both i have to spend time with the family
Old 08-20-2004, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Afternoon hunt for me -