Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Snacks for the woods >

Snacks for the woods

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snacks for the woods

Old 08-18-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Snacks for the woods

I am planning on hunting the whole day for my first day. I know I can't make it though the day without a snack. What snacks would be good for hunting? Something that wouldn't bother the deer.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:50 PM

Default RE: Snacks for the woods

Apparently NOT M&M's. My buddy blew a shot on an 8 pointer last year because he was "eating M&M's." Needless to say I don't think he'll ever eat another one now. I'm laughing just thinking about that story.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:52 PM

I take granola bars, candy bars etc. along with me...and sometime peanut butter sandwiches. I also like to take along deer jerky when I have it made.

Make sure to take the granola, candy bars etc. out of their wrappers and put them in small zip locs. That way you dont make all kinds of noise opening them up.

Good luck!
Old 08-18-2004, 07:56 PM

lizards, crickets, those little green bugs that eat leaves.......Granola and jerkey are my favs
Old 08-18-2004, 08:08 PM

Pick a squirrell, any squirell, archery shots are quiet and i dont think a deer would miss a noisey old squirell any way. I like apples though.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:24 PM

I usually pick up a pre-made deli sandwich the night before and put it in a small ziplock bag, then I will pack an apple or two, a candy bar (as springgobbler mentioned, take them out of their wrappers) and a large bottle of water.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:25 PM

Granola bars, any type of jerky, grapes, sandwiches..if its cold and you're trykng to keep warm, eat peanuts. i read about it in field and stream. i always have a bottle or two of Gatorade in my day pack. No pop, becuase it makes you pee, the caffeine is bad for your nerves, and it makes too much noise.

slayer
Old 08-18-2004, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

jerky and fruit are my favorites.....if im there ALL day ill pack 2 sandwhiches also......when its cold and i have deer meat already i like to take some bologna or kilbasa....i love it cold....put it in my pack and its fine......but i love jerky and apples for snacks.....
Old 08-18-2004, 08:43 PM

I like trail mix, jerky and water
Old 08-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Early season my trips are pretty short 2 1/2 to 3 hours but as the rut gets closer I hunt longer and longer. Each year I look forward to hunting October 31 and later.......Why? simple.....pockets full of Halloween candy. It might not be the best thing to eat but for the last 25 years my I look forward to lots of Halloween candy on the stand!

GoodLuck!

Quick Reply: Snacks for the woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.