HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Anyone see this? Kind of interesting. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/69473-anyone-see-kind-interesting.html)

BobCo19-65 08-18-2004 07:49 AM

Anyone see this? Kind of interesting.

AP) A white-tail buck deer stands in the field of Rodney and Dianne Miller's farm in Knox, Pa., Aug. 5, 2003. Jeffrey Spence, a deer breeder, was charged Friday, Aug. 13, 2004, with stealing the massive buck worth perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars from breeder Rodney Miller nearly five years ago. (AP Photo/Keith Srakocic, File)

Antler Eater 08-18-2004 07:53 AM

RE: Anyone see this? Kind of interesting.

How do you suppose anyone thought they could hide something like him?

I am kind of surprised it took that long to find this buck.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-18-2004 07:56 AM

Yeah, isn't the bucks name Sampson? I remember the theft. It was really spread through the hunting and non hunting communities....when it first happened there was something like a 50 thousand dollar reward......

adams 08-18-2004 07:59 AM

What some people will stoop to. Poaching a domestic whitetail is lower then lower. I hope they throw the book at this JA.

Jeffrey Spence, a deer breeder, was charged Friday, Aug. 13, 2004, with stealing the massive buck worth perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars
Sounds like grand larceny to me. bye-bye Jeffrey;)

ShadowAce 08-18-2004 08:11 AM

ORIGINAL: adams

What some people will stoop to. Poaching a domestic whitetail is lower then lower. I hope they throw the book at this JA.

Jeffrey Spence, a deer breeder, was charged Friday, Aug. 13, 2004, with stealing the massive buck worth perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars
Sounds like grand larceny to me. bye-bye Jeffrey;)
I think he was deer-knapped. Wouldn't a couple nice mounted Largemouth Bass look right at home up there in those antlers?:D

RiverBottomBowHunter 08-18-2004 08:27 AM

That picture is from my deer cam in my food plot a couple weeks ago. I let him walk last year because he was only 4 pointer. Boy is that boilogic some good stuff. I think I'll take him this year!

JK:D:D:D:D:D

Green Archer 08-18-2004 08:38 AM

His real name is Golieth, Spencer the deer knapper had renamed him Sampsom in hope that his owner Rodney Miller would recognize him.

TURKEY FAN 08-18-2004 11:27 AM

That is one Ugly looking deer, i wouldnt even have buck fever shooting him! How do u steal a deer????:eek:

Epuller 08-18-2004 11:54 AM

If I remember the story correct they found him just a few miles from the area where he was stolen.

They cut a whole in the fence just to take him specifically. There were a good number of other deer that were found outside of the fence, but left behind.

Jason N 08-18-2004 12:01 PM

It's good to see justice was done. I grew up in Lucinda....about 15 minutes from Knox. We had some big deer in the area that weren't born and raised in a pen too!:D