HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   what are the best mechanicals on the market??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/69402-what-best-mechanicals-market.html)

shootr mcgavvin 08-17-2004 06:05 PM

what are the best mechanicals on the market???

thinkin of switching to them so i need to know which kind to get......

shootr

Carpmaster 08-17-2004 06:07 PM

RE: what are the best mechanicals on the market???

Wow, this should stir up only a thousand or so answers!!!!! I will throw my vote to the Rocket steelhead XP.

bwhunter501 08-17-2004 06:13 PM

everyone has got their own opinoin but mine would have to be shockwaves or spitfires.

shootr mcgavvin 08-17-2004 06:23 PM

i would also like to know which mechs i would not have to do very much tuning when i baught them....

shootr

Bees 08-17-2004 06:49 PM

You are going to have to tune if want the maximium preformance out of any of them.

shootr mcgavvin 08-17-2004 06:52 PM

i understand that just give me some good ones.....

2droptine 08-17-2004 06:54 PM

The right question is whats the best Mechanical on the Market for my Setup.

For mine?
Rocky Gator XP

Of Coarse 10 others will do the job.

Kelly/KY 08-17-2004 06:58 PM

I've tried them all...at least most and I am really impressed with the Rocky Mtn Gator XPs. Fly as well as your field points and a 2" cutting diameter. I'm using them this year. Great head. 5 Shot rated them very high on www.broadheadtests.com.

Kelly

Bees 08-17-2004 07:01 PM

Do you know how much KE your setup is produceing?

All in all the NAP shockwave is a tried and true mechanical.
they are sharp out of the package and are trouble free.

Timbrhuntr 08-17-2004 07:19 PM

In the last 2 years I have been fortunate enough to take 2 deer. Both at around 20yds. with Snyper heads .On the second a doe around 100lbs. the arrow went through several ribs and on exit severed the bone in the opposite side leg. Longest recovery was 60 yds the other about 50. Great blood trail. I tuned my bow with field points and then put on the snypers and the impact point is identical. Once while taking a few practice shots I had a bad release and the arrow struck the metal tubing around the target. The head went through the tube and except for one of the cam blades breaking it held together. It seems to be a very strong and accurate head.