HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   does this seem like a good idea (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/69299-does-seem-like-good-idea.html)

Buck Heaven 08-16-2004 06:19 PM

does this seem like a good idea

Right now I have a fred bear trx 32 and I have copper johns camo sights, quick tune 1000, nap shock blocks, sims stabilizer, and just put a brand new string on it. It has only been shot like 150 times. I was wondering if $400 to $450 would be to much to ask? That is my first question. Second, Im getting a mathews outback on friday. For a mathews outback with a trophey ridge micro matrix sights, trophey ridge drop zone rest with a carolina archery lore stabilizer and shock blocks. Im paying $828.00 for everything brand new. Does that seem like a good deal? Am I stupid for switching bows if the other isnt that old? Any suggestions will be appreciated!

c j 08-16-2004 06:25 PM

RE: does this seem like a good idea

It might be too much to ask. What year is your bow? What kind of strings did you put on it?

Based on the prices in my area, you appear to be getting a pretty good deal on the Outback, though. The bow & rest by themselves put you at or over $800 around here.

Buck Heaven 08-16-2004 06:30 PM

It is last year's Fred Bear TRX 32 and I had a Winner's Choice string.

OH_RedNeck 08-16-2004 07:16 PM

... and you only shot it 150 times? You barely broke the bow in, why are you replacing it? If you are going to spend that kind of money on a Mathews, you might want to shoot it a little more, like 150 times a week.

Cottonmouth 08-16-2004 07:17 PM

aww hold out and some one will buy it..........Killa price one the Mathews!

Buck Heaven 08-16-2004 07:22 PM

i ment the string has only been shot 150 times

OH_RedNeck 08-16-2004 07:27 PM

Ahhh, that makes more sense. Sorry if I offended...

KBacon 08-16-2004 08:20 PM

At Gander Mountain they sell the TRX32 in a package w/ a rest, quiver, sight, ect... for $420 brand new... So I think the asking price might be a bit much... esp for a bow that's a year old.

legacy22 08-16-2004 08:24 PM

Considering the g.m price, you may wanna drop that price of the other boy. As far as the mathews, thats a good deal there. Good luck.

shootr mcgavvin 08-16-2004 08:25 PM

our bowshop wants 1200 bling for an outback with quality archery designs ultra rest dropaway,vital gear elevatinn sights,vibracheck stableizer mathews 2 peace quiver and 6 arrows so i think your getting a good deal......

shootr