Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Feeling stupid

Old 08-16-2004, 04:27 PM

Default Feeling stupid

Admittedly, I'm new to bowhunting, but by no means new to hunting in general. After reading the thread where someone asked about Mathews bows and seeing how things got twisted I'll admit that I got a little pixxed off.

Not for myself mind you - I've got thick skin and have been around since the internet and bulletin boards got started. Nothing anyone says will affect me - quite simply, the comments from "that type" don't matter - "that type" of poster is so insignifigant to me they don't matter at all.

BUT !!!!

Imagine the 13, 14, 15 year old kid who just bought his first bow with his paper route money. Imagine how "stupid" he/she could feel if the brand he bought wasn't the "bow-de-jour".

Do you think he/she might be discouraged ? I believe that could happen - easily. Younger people look up to those with more experience, and the negativity of the "us vs. them" threads/posts can have quite an impact.

Let's not discourage anyone from the sport of hunting - God knows there's enough Hillary's out there already. We all need to encuourage today's youth to participate in the endeavor we all enjoy so much.

I'd rather see a kid out in the field than on a street corner peddling crack. His choice of bow should be the least of everyone's concern - let's just help him/her do it right. Let's instill the ethics and morals that preserve our sport rather than promoting the separatism that pervades our everyday life.

In short - please think of the potential impact you might have before you type - is your pride really worth possibly embarassing a youngster ?
Old 08-16-2004, 04:35 PM

Default RE: Feeling stupid

Why do I feel like I just read an editiorial? Either way, this board is based on opinion and experience. If someone comes here and asks "which bow is better....." they should expect opinions generated by personal experience and knowledge. I hardly can see my son coming to me and saying "the kids are teasing me at school because I'm the only one with a pse" Hunting is hunting, whether its with a spear or a mathews (i love my legacy) lol
Old 08-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree why should it matter what anyone shoot's ,But this is a great spot to come and find out what everyone feels is the best and why it's so.But I also agree we shouldn't put anyone down for their choices ,because this is how they feel it was their choice and maybe it was the best choice for them. Sometimes what we feel is the best just might not be the best to us.I definetly don't run anyone down for how they feel for one particular brand or the other ,because we're all in this sport together and any brand on the market today is capable of accomplishing the same result's as any other on the market.

nubo
Old 08-16-2004, 07:27 PM

I think you'll find that if a person posts a question about what bow to buy they will get mostly the same answer. Find the bow that best fit's you. With that said...most of us are quite loyal to our bow and brand. Some of that is because our bow is the one that is best for us we have made it a very personal choice. So we defend that choice too much at times. However, the spirit of the forum is quite positive and I'm sure no one on here would intentionaly demean anothers choice in equipment. Sorry you felt that way.

Stalker
Old 08-16-2004, 07:38 PM
nub

So, exactly why are you feeling stupid?[&:]
Old 08-16-2004, 07:47 PM

um......i just wanted you pse shooters to know that i am an avid pse shootr for now and i shoot a pse nova from the year 2000 and im gonna tell you all that between me and my dad that bow has killed its fare share of deer..i know pse isnt the best but the number one thing is that it kills what it is shooting at so dont let anyone talk to much trash about your pse and say there bow is all that much better because all bows are made for the same basic reason............

shootr
Old 08-16-2004, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't that human nature ? Mine is better and faster. Keeping up with the Jones. I myself don't compare mine with others, I just know that mine works. Get over it, Bobby
Old 08-16-2004, 08:06 PM

i know pse isnt the best
I don't know about the PSE not being the best brand, but they are definitely a very good product and can hold their own against any bow.

As far as what bow is the "best" bow; ain't no such thing! Best bow is what is best for the individual.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:23 PM

I agree for the most part. i know what shootinga PSE is like. that old nova two cam isnt near as good as the mathews i shoot now( the LX fits me better, alot better). I know all of us have critized one bow brand or another at one time, but i think Mathews gets hated on the worst by everyone because of "advertising too much" or "theyre too expensive"..everytime somebody asks about mathews it starts a big fight in which people attack mathews and mathews owners always have to defend themselves for owning a nice bow.[X(]

slayer
Old 08-16-2004, 09:38 PM

I understand what you're saying, and agree with you. It's fine to love your bow, and despise all the other ones. Just don't knock somebody down if they don't like what you like. You can tell people what you like about yours, and you can even tell people why you don't shoot other brands. But when you start telling other people what to shoot or what not to shoot, that's starting to play against the rules.

All in all, like what you like, but don't stuff what yoy like down other people's throats. Did I get your point?

peashooter

Quick Reply: Feeling stupid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.