Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I've changed opinion of Stan Potts >

I've changed opinion of Stan Potts

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I've changed opinion of Stan Potts

Old 08-16-2004, 08:33 AM

Default I've changed opinion of Stan Potts

I had a bad opinion of Stan Potts after seeing him take what I thought was an unethical shot on a monster deer a couple of years ago.
On North American Whitetail they showed his trophy rooms. The man must know what he is doing! Awsom trophys.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I've changed opinion of Stan Potts

Yea, his trophy room was pretty awesome. I am still kind of up in the air on Stan. I think is a good hunter but sometimes I don't care ofr his personality. I am warming up to him though.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

My buddy went to one of his seminars at the Illinois Deer and Turkey classic that was supposed to be on stand placement and such items. It turned out to be an hour of him bragging up that booner he took a bad shot on. (by bad I mean, low percentage shot) He hardley talked about what he was supposed to. So needless to say, we don't favor him too much.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya I was at that seminar - wasn't impressed. I really was hoping to learn something from a "master" instead I heard a lot of braggin.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Dominant Buck

He's always impressed me as a lot of hot air. If you got to hunt the places he does you too could have a big trophy room. He just rubs me wrong...... but hey, that's me.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

I agree, you watch 6 year old kids shooting 160" class deer in the areas Potts hunts in.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:52 PM

My only interest has always been to enjoy a season of good hunting and being with hunting sidekicks during the hunt and at the day's end.

I have never been impressed by those that believe killing a buck only, especially a buck having a high scoring, is what bowhunting is all about and the measurement of a good hunter; and I have definitely never been impressed by renowned trophy hunters.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:14 PM

I once saw a video of stan potts shooting a nice buck, he had made a poor shot with his bow and opted to wait till morning to go find the monster deer. when he found it he ran to the deer all excited he knelt down beside it. it was swlled up like a beech ball but instead of ellaberating on gutting the deer and cooling it down and getting the guts out of it he just grabbed his tape measure and started to tape the antlers, thats when i saw what he was realy hunting for. skina
Old 08-16-2004, 07:25 PM

[8D] i normaly only hunt does for the meat of course i will take a 150 plus buck and we will use the meat i dont believe in wasting anything i shoot. every game animal i take is a trophy to me amd im teaching my son the same thing
Old 08-16-2004, 09:44 PM

You have to say though, the deer he does shoot are great deer. Since he has had the opportunity to shoot such great bucks, he's going to have a giant trophy room. He does brag as do all hunters who harvest such big animals. I can't say I've shot anything close to the deer he shoots, but if I did I think there would be a little time for bragging. I watch the videos to get me pumped up. Seing these guys take such huge animals is incredible. If you want big deer, you have to hunt where the big ones are. He has the opportunity to do that. I don't mind the way he acts. He's a very smart guy, and knows his hunting!

Quick Reply: I've changed opinion of Stan Potts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.