Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oh my Gosh!!!

Old 08-15-2004, 10:47 PM

Default Oh my Gosh!!!

Went and scouted a new piece of property tonite and I almost fainted. In a little over 30 minutes I saw 3 12's, 3 10's, a real nice 8, and 1really messed up 7pt, big full 5 on 1 side and a small fork on the other. Probably saw 25 to 30 deer total, thats as many deer as I probably saw all of last year and only saw 1 buck that compared with those tonite. Needless to say I am really excited about the season now,and feel pretty good about helping my team in the archery contest on this board
Old 08-16-2004, 01:37 AM

Default RE: Oh my Gosh!!!

how long do you have to live in agony until your season starts? good luck sounds like your in for quite a season
Old 08-16-2004, 04:35 AM

THATS ALOT OF DEER,IN MA.IWOULD BE LUCKY TO SEE 1/4 OFTHAT A SEASON WE HAVE ALOT OF PRESSURE IN SOME AREAS,ON PUBLIC LAND THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE STOMPING THREW THE WOODS NOT NOING HOW TO STILL HUNT,OR SOME SHOOTING AT ANYTHING BROWN.LOOKS LIKE YOUR GOING TO HAVE A GOOD SEASON!!
Old 08-16-2004, 08:38 AM

Thats a lot of deer for where I hunt to. I rambled on so much last night that my wife finally said enough is enough and she is usually pretty cool with my hunting. I sat and thought all night how I was going to hunt this cause believe me I AINT use to that. I think I am going to go glass the field again tonite and see if maybe I was dreaming. My problem is that me and my brother in law are the only ones who have permission from the owner to hunt there but others sneak on to it and hunt. The landowner "in his 70's" is afraid to say anything to them because he says they are a "rough crowd". He is afraid they would do damage to his property. It is a 200+ acre timber farm loaded with Oaks and Persimmon trees and he does not live on the property. We can hunt there for free but I am thinking about approaching him about leasing it for a small fee so we can handle the situation without any consequences to him.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:40 AM

Jason Sept 4th won't get here soon enough.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:42 AM

Get some pics of those boys. If you'd like, I can come down, say around sept. 4 and help you
Old 08-16-2004, 08:46 AM

I,m going back tonite and take the digital cam and the camcorder with me. I would give anything to have had it last night. I did not expect anything like that at all. I have some good areas to hunt but around here that means if you see "A DEER" ever second or third hunt its pretty good. If I can get some pics I will post them later.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

It sure sounds like you've found a honey hole for this season.
Good luck this season.

nubo
Old 08-16-2004, 10:51 AM

They should be going nocturnal just about by September 3rd!
Old 08-16-2004, 12:40 PM

Shadowace, I hope you said that in a whisper,I wouldnt want them to hear you and get any ideas

Quick Reply: Oh my Gosh!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.