Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bad experiance with my first stealth cam >

bad experiance with my first stealth cam

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bad experiance with my first stealth cam

Old 08-16-2004, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bad experiance with my first stealth cam

Truthfully, I love mine probs or not. I consider it a disposable camera of sorts. I don't worry about it because of the price. If I had one of those high priced ones in the woods I would worry about it constantly, theft and all. Peace of mind, It's a wonderful thing.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:56 AM

I think I have the solution for this loading problem. I have the El Cheapo Stealth model too, and I faced the same issue when trying to load film. The problem is that the sprocket that engages the perforated edge of the film is not actually engaging the film because the film is bent up and away from the sprocket. Subsequently, whe you close the camera hatch, the meter reads E for empty rather than 0. Here's what to do:

When you pop open the back of the camera itself, you'll notice a small red button. This button senses the closing of the hatch and triggers the camera to wind the film into position to ready itself for taking the first picture. Place the film roll in the proper location and pull the film over the sprocket. Make sure that the film is engaged with the sprocket and then simply press the red button down one time while holding the film against the sprocket with your free hand. The camera will then wind the film properly around the driving "axle". Then simply close the camera door, and you're set to go. The film will indeed wind itself again and waste a bit of film, but it saves a LOT of headaches in trying to get it to wind on its own.

I hope that help a few people. Let me know if any clarification is needed. The camera is quite cheap, but it works well if you have the right touch.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

mine sucks at picking up movement but has photo'd some nice bucks. The camera can never rewind the film on its own so I need to take it outta the woods and bring it into CVS for them to put it under a special hood and rewind by hand.

They suck, but all that I can afford for this season
Jim
Old 08-16-2004, 11:42 AM

I have had the same problems as everyone in this post. I am on my second cam hoping I had a defective cam the first time. I would always get the E error when loading film. Well after a 100 trys following the cam directions I got extremely pissed off and sqeezed the back of the camera when I closed the door after loading the film. And the pressure on the back of the camara door after I closed it advanced the film. After 3 successfull rolls the camara is still going. I havent had the rewind problem yet, but I am sure after I expose the film once the camara is going back for good. Is there an indication on the front of the camara that tells the film is not rewond?