HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   bad injury from arrow..bow season may come late (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/69116-bad-injury-arrow-bow-season-may-come-late.html)

Deerslayer_37 08-14-2004 07:43 PM

bad injury from arrow..bow season may come late

well..was shooting my old Cabela's carbon hunter arrows into plywood thursday nite, and i let go of the string(shooting fingers) and all i remember is looking down at my hand and seeing fletching sticking out. i immediately did a dumb thing and pulled it out, and it started bleeding profusely. i got my mom and went down to the ER, got it x-rayed, got the splinters taken out, and stiched up. one to one and a half inches deep. i figured out the arrow was probably damaged and it broke when i let go of hte string, and hte first inch above the vanes to the nock went into my hand. im recovering quickly, but i wont be shooting for a couple to three weeks, so im going to start bow season possibly late. the arrow missed everything major, no bones, arteries, or tendons. very sore. sorry talking like this, very hard to type. left hand was hurt, grip hand. stiches out in about a week from now. i urge everyone to check arrows for damage after shooting, and dont buy very cheap carbons like i was shooting. like i mentioned, they were old from last year, i moved up to CX 200's this year. was very scary, i almost went into shock. seeing all htat blood and the big hole got me real scared. i shouldnt have pulled out the arrow, but was running on pure adrenaline nad didnt hurt when i pulled it out. hit between thumb and forefinger.

slayer

zak123 08-14-2004 07:48 PM

RE: bad injury from arrow..bow season may come late

That's what a Mathew's will do to ya!:D Just kidding man. Glad your ok though. Man I hope you get better SOON.

Deerslayer_37 08-14-2004 07:52 PM

thanks..actually, it wasnt my mathews. it was my old pse..no fault of the bow..that old nova is great..but, im trying to do some typing to strengthen my hand
slayer

zak123 08-14-2004 07:54 PM

Oh just bash the PSE why don't you!:D

davidmil 08-14-2004 08:35 PM

One question. Why would you be smashing perfectly good arrows into a hunk of plywood. :eek: It can only lead to failure.[&:]

zak123 08-14-2004 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

One question. Why would you be smashing perfectly good arrows into a hunk of plywood. :eek: It can only lead to failure.[&:]
I just looked right ovet that.

ShadowAce 08-14-2004 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

He beat me to it.

Dubbya 08-15-2004 02:57 AM

regardless of what you were shooting, we all hope you recover soon. good luck.

BOWFANATIC 08-15-2004 03:03 AM

You have one month to heal. You'll be out there opening day.;)

Leave the plywood shooting to 5shot.

Hoofers 08-15-2004 04:55 AM

Too Bad. Hope you feel better soon. I never did like carbon anyway. They make bike frames with it and everytime theres a crash those carbon frames are broken into pieces not to mention the slivers flying around.