Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bad injury from arrow..bow season may come late >

bad injury from arrow..bow season may come late

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bad injury from arrow..bow season may come late

Old 08-18-2004, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: bad injury from arrow..bow season may come late

Glad you were not hurt much worse than what you were, hopefully you will be good to go by season.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:22 AM

Oh what a break, That sucks Slayer. Of the 365 days in a year this would have to happen within a month of the season opener. I hope it heals up well, that's most important. Get well soon.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heal up quick and best of luck during the season. for some reason, I thib=nk you'll be out there hunting whitetails. Good think you are not hunting Elk this year.

Are you still going to shoot carbons?

I would also suggest having your bow checked out during your down time.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:51 AM

Sorry to hear about your injury, hope you heal up quick. Thought I would pass this on, I thought it was kind of funny. I read your post the other day and thought, boy that sure would suck! In fact I took extra long that night before I shot and really checked my arrows over, but with that in the back of my mind, it took some major work and about 30 shots to keep from flinching when I'd shoot. My mind sure gets in the way sometimes.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:30 AM

update: hand is better..back to playing football with a neoprene cover. i can hold a bow in my hand, but i can't pull it back. Yes, i plan on sticking with carbons. I think the carbon express ones will have a very low risk of doing this. i think i will probably be a little skittish wheni go back to shooting again. Yeah, of all times, it lands a month before opener and right and the middle of football. but, i guess it could have been worse. it could have broke my hand or it could have been during the rut. thanks guys for all the get wells. hope you all have great seasons.

slayer
Old 08-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

they were too short for my new bow and i wanted to get rid of them
Did you shoot them from your new bow?[>:]
Glad to hear your getting well and learned from your mistakes.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:32 PM

my nephew had the very same thing happen to him 2 years ago but the arrow went all the way thru his hand stopping at the feathers we took him to the hospital with the arrow still in his hand , he had to have surgery that night to have it removed he still has pain in that hand. hope you do ok .
Old 08-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Dominant Buck

I haven't gone through the past post but I did see awhile back you said the arrows were too short for your bow. Could your arrow gotten hung up at the time of release? This would have put the whole draw weight on the arrow causing something to give. The arrow did and exploded. That would be my theory rather then a damaged arrow pre-shooting.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:32 PM

The arrows being too short was not a factor as i was shooting from my old bow,which the arrows were set up for. arrow length was fine, im sure it wasnt hung up on the rest.

If i wouldnt have pulled the damn thing out i probably would've had to have it surgically removed. it didnt hurt pulling it out, as the adrenaline was going.just felt really weird and then as it came out the blood spilled out. thats when i knew i was in a world of hurt. just put my hand over the hole and applied pressure.

slayer