Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is This Doe Sick?  Stealth Cam Pic... >

Is This Doe Sick? Stealth Cam Pic...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is This Doe Sick? Stealth Cam Pic...

Old 08-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is This Doe Sick? Stealth Cam Pic...

I have quite a few really close cam photos and the deer often look strange. At the angle I 've seen ribs like that very often on older does.

Good Luck!
Old 08-14-2004, 12:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

She looks sick to me. Around here you shouldn't be able to count their ribs in the middle of summer and I wouldn't expect Kansas to be any different.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:51 AM
Fork Horn

Like someone said, she could have had twins or ever triplets, she does look pretty thin. I don't think she is sick though, just a little under weight, Maybe she is battling with anarexcia,(sp) they have programs for that![:'(]
Old 08-14-2004, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

That doe looks fine to me, more then likely she is a young doe which was nursing young with a combination malnurishment what part of the country are you in?? Where I am used to hunting is in southern Missouri and the deer there have hardly nothing to feed on low agricultural area mainly grass an acorns or if they are lucky they get into a feed bin or eat farmer john's wifes flowers. If you in a area that matches my description asfar as stuff for them to eat, she'll fatten up come fall and all the Acorns fall of the trees. Or if you are able to put a feeder out or plant a food plot that helps the deer greatly in areas like that but before you plant a food plot be sure to test the soils acidity and buy the propper seed for your soil thats why somany people complain about their food plot not growing or only certain things grew.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:21 PM
nub

We have a few that look like that by my place.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Dominant Buck

We shoot some awfully thin does during crop damage. It's just nursing of multiple fawns I believe. They all seem to recover pretty quickly once we get into late August/Sept. Some of them the ribs really stick out and there's no width across them to speak of. NEVER see deer like that in hunting season.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:01 PM

She looks fine to me. Probably a young mother of twins or even tripletts. One thing for sure, she will fatten up here in another month.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

does not look that bad may just be worn down maybe twins or even tripletsshould beef up quickly
I was thinking the same thing myself
Yes she does have pretty blue eyes
Old 08-15-2004, 05:25 PM

her coat looks a little funny around the shoulders and neck. she could be fine. i do not think that i would shoot her if she came walking by.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:44 AM

She looks young! It's possible that she is this years offspring and she's lost her spots.

You'd better shoot her and have her taste tested.

Quick Reply: Is This Doe Sick? Stealth Cam Pic...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.