Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many still build their own stands. >

How many still build their own stands.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many still build their own stands.

Old 08-12-2004, 08:14 PM

Default How many still build their own stands.

Me and my hunting partner just finished hanging 2 new wood platforms on one of our fav hunting spots. I guess I have brain damage because I sure forgot how hard it is to hammer nails while hanging upside down from a branch[:@]. We have to do this because a store bought stand wouldn't make it a week in this area. It's a shame that people have to be this way but I guess thats how it is!
Old 08-12-2004, 10:01 PM

Default RE: How many still build their own stands.

I just finished building a 6x6 stand on 8 foot legs....what a job!
Old 08-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

We make portable hang on stands and they cost 20 bucks so its not a huge deal if they get snagged.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:48 PM

I build my first hang on stand out of a old bed frame. A friend helped me do it he has been building them for years. I have been using it for a couple of years the only thing that I dont like about it is that it is stinking heavy. So when I was in collage two years back I made one out of Aluminum, alot lighter but still heavy due the the fact that I am an overkill freak and used like 1/4" aluminum. But I still havnt finished it yet due to laziness, all it needs is the seat, pad and straps installed. The first one cost about $25 and the aluminum one cost about $40 or so.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

PVC Hunting Blind Stand

Built this last month.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:12 AM

I just built a ladder stand out of 2x4's, 18 feet high, with platform and seat. I will be locking it in with a chain and putting on camo wrap around the lower half. It is hopefully going up this weekend.

Tom
Old 08-13-2004, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I build my own lock ons.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:31 AM

I use to have a couple of wooden ladder stands. The were great, legs and ladder rungs made from small trees, they blended right in until the got to be a couple of years old. The early one season I was climbing up into a stand and the third from top rung broke under my weight and sent me fall to the ground[:'(]. Since then I've put my money into metal. You just can't beat the longevity of metal
Old 08-13-2004, 08:48 AM

nuge,

Are your homemade portables a family secret or can you share the plans? I'm interested.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

I was going to build one but walmart has steel ones for $29. Add an old bike lock and you are all set.

Quick Reply: How many still build their own stands.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.