Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who has their own bow press? >

Who has their own bow press?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who has their own bow press?

Old 08-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default Who has their own bow press?

I think most dedicated compound shooters would agree that access to a bow press is a must. How many have one that is available to you at home... wether it be a custom assembly or a store bought offering? Just curious.

I built this one in the early 90's. The visible cord is attached to an extend-a-lamp that's mounted to the top of the press. Maybe I should get around to putting up more lights down there, since the press rarely leaves my basement. Keep that cord away from moving parts! [8D][&:]
Old 08-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who has their own bow press?

I don't have one yet but I've been considering buying one. If/when I'll probably buy one from Apple Archery.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:03 PM

I don't have one but I'm seriously considering getting one. It's inconvenient to have to go to the proshop to have minor adjustments done. If I come into enought extra dough it would definantly be on my list.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:06 PM

my buddy has the cable press. It comes in real handy he keeps it in his archery box and it is always with him where ever he is shooting
Old 08-13-2004, 10:33 PM
Typical Buck

Here's mine.
The new Sure-Loc.
To me, the best press ever made.

Sag.

Old 08-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought a press a few month's ago from WWAG it work's great and is very portable and affordable to boot .Sorry I don't have a pic of it .

nubo
Old 08-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bow Press
Arrow Saw
String Jig
Bitzenburger Arrow Fletcher
Server
Tools.....

At home personal shop, self sufficient bowyer here.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:48 AM

I have one that I built about 2 years ago. It looks pretty much like the original Apple presses. If I buy a bow with parallel limbs (would like a Patriot...maybe next year), I'll probably have to cut off the arms and weld them at a different angle.
Anyway, it's the best thing I ever did for myself. Taught myself a lot about archery by being able to do pretty much all of my own work.

peashooter
Old 08-14-2004, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got an ancient single pull press. Maybe someday I'll sit down and figure out how to convert it to a double pull and put it back into service. In the meantime, I've just got a Bowmaster portable.

Not everyone should work on their own bow, like those folks who can bust an anvil with a piece of bubblegum. But someone that's got at least SOME mechanical aptitude would be well served to get some tools and learn to do his own work.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

When you live in the sticks, you have to be self sufficient! A bow press is a must. So are some other tools but that is a thread for another day.

I have an apple and have had it for quite some time, but now with the long risers and parallel limb designs you have to be careful how you put them in the press.

Quick Reply: Who has their own bow press?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.