Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Facemask???

Old 08-11-2004, 10:32 PM

Default Facemask???

Ely Haydel once said "if every waterfowler in America would wear a facemask the kill would go way up." I believe the same would hold true for archery deer hunters. Unless you are fully bearded or wear face paint you should be wearing one. I feel naked without one.

Agree or disagree?
Old 08-11-2004, 10:47 PM

Default RE: Facemask???

I agree
Old 08-11-2004, 10:51 PM

i agree
Old 08-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Typical Buck

I really like the idea of them but have always been afraid that my kisser button would catch on it...
Old 08-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Typical Buck

sorry... wanted to be notified of post.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:38 PM

yep, gonna get a new one before season starts up again. Really cheap, why not?
Old 08-12-2004, 12:02 AM

I really like the idea of them but have always been afraid that my kisser button would catch on it...
The only way your kisser button is going to catch on it is if you have a hole for your mouth cut in it. I tried shooting with my turkey hunting facemask which I cut a hole out of so I'd be able to take out my diaphragm calls easier and I had it rip it off my head. I plan on buying a new one before September without a hole in it. Face paint is just too messy and has a distinct smell to it.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always wear one that has one hole for the eyes with the little rubber nose piece. I wear the floppy camo bucket hat over that, so the deer think I look cool.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are worried about your kisser button catching then just buy a lycra one. They fit tight against your face and are made from the same material that biker shorts are made from. I got mine at cabelas and love it.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a face mask. Am I that ugly where I need it? [8D]
http://members.aol.com/ammonc/butch102901.jpg

Ah, the ol' "world's ugliest, funkiest, tie photo"! This probably ranks right up there with Davidmil's photos, Pork Chop's "blinding white legs photo", and Buck Magnet's "famous neon yellow shirt photo", and half a dozen more photos....

Anyway, I wear a face mask when turkey hunting and duck/goose hunting. I never wore it deer hunting though and I always assumed it would get in the way of my bow string.

Butch A.

Quick Reply: Facemask???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.