HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Best Hoyt? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/68830-best-hoyt.html)

MILLERTIME10 08-11-2004 07:46 PM

Best Hoyt?

I am going to get a Hoyt and I have a pretty good idea on which one I am going to get. I am wanting your opinion on what you think the best Hoyt on the market is?

GroundHunter 08-11-2004 08:15 PM

RE: Best Hoyt?

I have a magna tech. Not the most expensive, but I'm very happy with it. Its shoots some screamers..........

Twisted Arrow 08-11-2004 08:18 PM

I am a die hard HOYT man , i use ther Hoyt havoc single cam and i also have the Hoyt Havoc-Tec Cam 1/2 which i hunted with last year and will this year .both are short axle to axle which some can not shoot so look at the X-Tec i think you will like it a lot good luck keep me inform on your choice , any hoyt is a good one !!!

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-11-2004 08:22 PM

XTec would also be my choice in the new Hoyt line.

bwhunter501 08-11-2004 08:22 PM

The best Hoyt iv shoot would have to be the X-Tec, although i am a mathews shooter:D

drstalker 08-11-2004 09:11 PM

Pretty happy with my razer-tech,and wish I never traded away my 2000 Havoc it was an excellent bow too:)Bill D>

Greenhead Man 08-11-2004 11:43 PM

I really like my reflex excursion! Great bow, that really sends some zingers!

Dubbya 08-12-2004 12:21 AM

I really like my razortec, i prefer a little bit shorter bow, otherwise it would be the xtec.

PABowhntr 08-12-2004 08:02 AM

My top three would be the Xtec, Vipertec and Razortec....at least for hunting. I would probably opt for the Vipertec as I like those "shorties" though the Xtec is probably the better choice for most hunters out there.

Double Creek 08-12-2004 08:07 AM

I have owned the Protec and the Ultratec. My Bro in law own the Xtec and my cousin owns The havoctec.

All of those bows are awesome and it would be hard to choose just one. I like the protec b/c it has a 8 inch brace height and 38 inches AtoA. The Xtec and Havoctec are both awesome bow too. Between the 2 I would go Xtec, because it is a few inches longer, which helps with accuracy.

mobow 08-12-2004 08:09 AM

Which ever one you can afford. I have the more inexpensive model, and in my opinion, I am getting the same results as the expensive models. Just shootem and then decide, can't go wrong with any of them. The only one I might shy away from is the Super Tech.

Bees 08-12-2004 09:53 AM

I own a 2003 cyber tec, I own a 2002 havoc tec, I own a 2004 ultra elite I own a 2003 Serria tech.
The one I shoot the most consistant with is the Serria tec. It is the least expensive of the bunch. I also hunt this bow exclusively now.
Second was the havoc tec another short bow and it is a good shooter.
thrid is the Ultra elite; for some reason I have trouble with longer bows, maybe because it is heavier.
fourth is the cyber. this one does not appear to tolerate any form flaws. I shoot it a lot to work out those flaws.

wihunter402 08-12-2004 10:36 AM

Of the ones I shot I like the xTec. The razortec would be my next choice.

OH_RedNeck 08-12-2004 02:26 PM

I agree with WIhunter, I shot several bows from the Hoyt line-up and narrowed it down to the Xtec and the Razortec. I eventually upted for the Xtec and I love it. I ended up putting a Muzzy Zero Effect rest on it and that bow is Smooooooth and quiet.

Redneck

Cougar Mag 08-12-2004 02:58 PM

If I were to buy a new bow today, the Hoyt Xtec would be at the top of my short list, no matter what brand/models I were looking at. Ultratec would be up there as well.

Ga Boy Bowhunter 08-12-2004 10:18 PM

I've been a darton shooter since 96. But this year,i sign on with hoyt on their shooting staff. Beleive me it's the X-tec, That bow shoots like a 40 in. bow .I shot with one for 3-d , i did so well with it i bought anouther to hunt with!

MILLERTIME10 08-13-2004 09:16 PM

Thanks guys, you all helped me out a great deal. I was strongly leaning towards the X Tec, now you all have reassured me that it is the right choice by majority. Thanks again.