Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you could have one of your old bow back. >

If you could have one of your old bow back.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you could have one of your old bow back.

Old 08-11-2004, 12:57 PM

Default If you could have one of your old bow back.

I’ve been bow hunting over 25 years and in that time I’ve own many of bows. The one I wish I still had is TSS Quaderflex. It was a bow ahead of it time this bow goes back to the early 80’s. It had a forged aluminum raiser, limbs where over ¾ spilt (unheard of at that time), 50% let off (my was more like 56% let off out of the box). The bow set at 72 pound, 30inch draw shooting XX75 2117 cut at 30.5 inches, with 5 inch left helical feathers with 145gr field tip shooting a blazing 210 f..p.s . It had Golden Key Hunter Supreme arrow rest with a burger button. The board heads I shot out of this bow where 3 & 4 blades Rocky Mountain Supreme, Snuffers, and Anderson 245, all had the some point of impact as my field tip. The Quaderflex was very forgiving and quit. The bow served my well took my first deer with it, and a number after that, plus a number 1st place in archery leagues, and BH shoots with it. It seemed when I pick it up it shot by itself. Best of all I paid under $250.00 for it. Boy some time I miss the old day. Lets hear about the bow you wish you had back.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:23 PM

Default RE: If you could have one of your old bow back.

Wish I still had my Hoyt Havoc that I had a few years back. Shot the heck out of that thing.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:23 PM

Ive been bowhunting for 10 years and have had only 3 bows
1st a bear whitetail - killed one deer
2nd a golde eagle predator-3 deer
3rd jennings buckmasters 2000- several deer
Im gonna buy a new one for next hunting season ---see bow question on threads
I would like to have the whitetail back because I took my first bow kill deer with it. Then when I got the Golden Eagle I gave the whitetail to someonewho dry fired it ....ouch....then when I had it fixed it ended up in the bottom of his closet wit a bunch of junk piled on top of it, he never sighted it in....nor shot it for that matter.........and wondered why he missed a deer with it?????hmmm....so after missing another deer with it he SOLD it!!!! (after I gave it to him) and said....." man screw that bow huntin stuff".........hey what are brothers afterall!!lol......true story
Old 08-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Speaking of old bows, I am bringing my 18 year old Pearson Renegade in for a new string. That is my backup bow. Still shooting good!
Old 08-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I had to chose just one of my old bows to get back, it'd be my good ol' Brackenbury Legend recurve. It was the first custom bow I ever ordered and it had the mojo. Shoulda never got rid of it.

If I was limited to compounds, I'd probably pick the Golden Eagle Hunter. Slow, even by the standards of it's day, but MAN! It'd stick an arrow right where I aimed it. Every time.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:00 PM

I had an old hoyt about 12yrs ago that I absolutely loved. I can't even remember the name of that old bow. I would buy it back now if I could remember who I sold it to....... a friend of a friend of a friend......
Old 08-11-2004, 03:20 PM

I'd stay with the one I have.. mathews legacy.

Old 08-11-2004, 05:09 PM

Animal, I remember that bow. For me it would be a 1985 Hoyt/Easton Pro Hunter.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it was the only bow I'd be able to shoot, I too would say forget it and shoot what I have.

But I don't think I could pick just one old bow....top 3, not necessarily in order

1) 1993 High Country Extreme w/ 16" Recurve Limbs

2) 1998 Mathews Conquest Light

3) 2000 Hoyt Defiant XT 2000 w/ Redline LL cam

honorable mention to the Martin Rage XRG w/ Z cams, Bear Epic, and Mathews Legacy
Old 08-11-2004, 06:03 PM
Dominant Buck

My Damon Howitt recurve I let a guy borrow to practice with until his bow came in. I had abought it new in 1970, this was around 1976. My parting words... "don't lock it up in your truck and then try to shoot it. In fact, don't lock it in the truck period. You get out, take the bow out."

So what did the idiot stick do. Took it to work in August in Georgia. Locked it up in his pick up with all windows shut and hung it on his gun rack in the back window. At 1 PM he came out of work with a bunch of his co-workers to show them how good he was getting. It was 100 degrees in the shade. He went to string and and .... (It pains me to think about it). He shows up at my house at 5:30 and says, your bow must have had a defect. I went to string it and BANG!!! He made no offer to replace, pay for it, buy me another or anything. Ask if I had another he could borrow. We kind of parted ways about that time. He was 6'4" and weighs about 275. I still called him an idiot.

Quick Reply: If you could have one of your old bow back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.