Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you could have one of your old bow back. >

If you could have one of your old bow back.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you could have one of your old bow back.

Old 08-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: If you could have one of your old bow back.

Man, thinking back on my bows.....mmmm

Bear, Black Bear II
Jennings Carbon Extreme
96 Hoyt Defiant, competition colors (Acupulco)
97 Hoyt Tenacity
98 Hoyt Tenacity II
99 Hoyt Striker
00 Hoyt Defiant
01 Hoyt VorTec

And the 01 is the bow of my choice today. With options to continue the tradition, the 02s to the 05's haven't impressed me like that 01 but if I had a chance to bring back a bow, I'd bring back the 96 Defiant because it was the prettiest bow I've ever seen.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:18 PM

If anybody would like an old Hoyt Superslam Fastflight back, I have one for sale. That is the bow I shot my first deer with, so I guess there is some sentimental value there. But, I don't think there's enough value for me to hold onto it forever. I think I might miss my Mathews FeatherMax when I sell that though. It was my first newer, good quality bow.

peashooter
Old 08-12-2004, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

My Martin Firecat. It was the most accurate bow that i have ever owned, 41 inches long, super quiet and pretty fast. Its only downside was that it was a tough draw with large cams and low let off.

Dave
Old 08-12-2004, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Along with the High Country Royal Hunter and Oneida Lite Force Magnum, I will second Arthur's choice of the Golden Eagle Hunter. All three were great shooters for me.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to have 2 back. I woud like to have my old Hoyt Pro Hunter back. The Hoyt was my first bow and I shot it quite well. I would also like to have my 2000 Hoyt Defiant w/ Redline cam back.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:51 AM

My only other bow was a Pse Thunder Flight Express that I shot for 10 years. It was a good bow bow technology changes and I "had" to get a new one. I'm sure if I had to I could have shot that bow for another 10 years(and been happy too.)
Old 08-12-2004, 08:44 AM

Old bows are like old girlfriends, They are always better looking back on them!
If they were that great why did we get rid of them?LOL
Old 08-12-2004, 09:32 AM

Any mathews shooter that has had a MQ 1 and sold it is now kicking himself for it I guarentee. I have a collection of mathews bows and my trusty MQ 1 has always been my back up low maintinance fast smooth and acurate. I have came close to selling it a few times but always talk myself out of it. So all you mathews shooters that have let that bow go I feal for ya.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

It'd probably be a Jenning Shooting Star 80 pounder I had. It was a custom bow I shot when I had my bow shop around 1980. Beautiful jade green riser with laminated limbs. That was back in the day when I could pull 70 pounds all day long, then crank it up to 80 for hunting. Won my first 3D event with that bow. Took a few critters with it too! Didn't even camo the thing. Gloss paint, shiney limbs, and it still killed deer! Who'da thought?????[8D] Shot fingers with that bow and shot it better than any other bow. Sold it a couple years later for the newest, fasted, thing out there.[] Problem with owning your own shop is that your suppose to be shooting the latest greatest when in fact some of the older stuff is better.

Am shooting an Outback now and am happy. Have gone to the 60 pounder and now use a release. Times change! Course back then you could only get one deer tag. Last year I got two and purchased a third license for the monster that never appeared but it was nice to have a couple in the freezer and a fresh tag in my pocket. Have a great season!
Old 08-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm now on my 4th compound bow and I have managed to keep 3 of the 4 over the years.

Bear, Black bear
PSE FireFlite Elite
Hoyt Cybertec (Sold this one after 2 months)
Bowtech Patriot VFT (Current bow)

I'll be sampling the 05' models when they are released to see if anything can pry me away from my Bowtech.

Quick Reply: If you could have one of your old bow back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.