Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews Bows

Old 08-14-2004, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathews Bows

I shot with a professional Mathew's shooter and he told me that Mathew's bows are over priced, and over advertised. He said if he wasn't sponsered he would just get a PSE bow.
So what kind of bow do you shoot? Wouldn't be a PSE would it?
Old 08-14-2004, 06:56 AM

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

So what kind of bow do you shoot? Wouldn't be a PSE would it?
Yea lol.

I think that the reason that most people dislike Mathew's bows is because the people who buy them think they are the best ever made. They don't even want to try another bow out before shooting a Mathew's. JMHO
Old 08-14-2004, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I liked mathews bows when they first come out they were great bows but after the years have gone by they turned into over priced and over rated junk I wouldnt buy another mathews bow ever again. Mathews anymore reminds me of XI bows they made great bows in the begining but towards the end they cut tomany corners and tried to ride their reputation for aslong as they could.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:50 PM
Spike

I JUST GOT AN OUTBACK 3 WEEKS AGO, I LOVE IT.
I PUT A WHISKER BISCUIT, AND A SAVAGE PENDULUM ON IT.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:55 PM

I just bought a new outback and i just love it, for a short bow it shoots as good as any longer bow that i have ever had, up to 40 yards i am just drilling em, by far the best bow i have ever owned, and i have owned several brands, such as hoyt, proline, martin, high country, darton, and several others.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:09 PM

wow i thought chevy vs ford vs dodge was bad it does not hold a candle to archery world vs mathews. yeah they make a good bow but they pay alot of money to people to shoot there bows.. i dont understand why so many people that shoot a mathews think they are better than everyone else. dont get me wrong there is alot of people that shoots a mathews that could care less what everyone else shoot but theres always a few bad apples
Old 08-14-2004, 04:26 PM

I have owned and shot a Kodiak, Bear, XI, Hoyt Razortec and now I have a Mathews Legacy and wondered why I waited so long.

Legacy 70#
NAP Fallaway rest
Trophy Ridge sights
Limbsavers
Bohning Quiver
GoldTip XT5575
Muzzy 4blade 90's
Old 08-14-2004, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow i thought chevy vs ford vs dodge was bad it does not hold a candle to archery world vs mathews. yeah they make a good bow but they pay alot of money to people to shoot there bows.. i dont understand why so many people that shoot a mathews think they are better than everyone else. dont get me wrong there is alot of people that shoots a mathews that could care less what everyone else shoot but theres always a few bad apples
This is getting good...5 pages.

Since when is it "the archery world vs mathews"?
Since when do "so many people that shoot mathews think they are better than everyone else"?
Describe the "few bad apples"!
Is it the ones who believe the bows their shooting are the best? If thats the case and thats what bothers you then you must not be happy with your bow! Try a Mathews! Everyone should be shooting a bow that they feel are the best.
This is what , your second post on this thread? A thread quite obvious by it's title for Mathews shooters or even opinions from past Mathews shooters.
I find it funny when I hear the negative remarks about Mathews shooters who "think their better than everyone else". I dont see Mathews shooters popping in on every other [insert bow brand here>_ _ _ _ _ _ _] thread just to say that "theres plenty of other quality bows to shoot".

I think that the reason that most people dislike Mathew's bows is because the people who buy them think they are the best ever made.
zak123 , like I said above you should be proud of the bow you choose and feel it's "the best ever made" , if you dont feel that way then find a bow that gives you that warm & fuzzy feeling.
It's called talking smack!

I liked mathews bows when they first come out they were great bows but after the years have gone by they turned into over priced and over rated junk I wouldnt buy another mathews bow ever again. Mathews anymore reminds me of XI bows they made great bows in the begining but towards the end they cut tomany corners and tried to ride their reputation for aslong as they could.
"Over rated junk"? Mathews "cutting too many corners"? This is where I would insert that emoticon with a dude rolling on the floor with tears pouring out his eyes and pee running down his leg from laughter!
Old 08-14-2004, 05:22 PM

bowfanatic i could argue with you all day long by what i meant but you seem like you no everything so instead of arguing with you iam going to shoot my bow. you are one of the bad apples[:@]
Old 08-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

talk about heated!!! this is like my house during the subway series!! some people sound like my brother and dad with "oh yea, well the yanks have a bigger payroll" and "Mathews are overpriced"

who the f*ck cares??

i drive a ford and shoot a mathews. am i not gonna talk to you if you drive a dodge and shoot a hoyt? or drive a dare i say, a chevy and shoot a pse? HELLZ NO!!! everyone tries to get the best equipment for their money. because when it comes to it, we all want to kill the animal in our sights as fast and humane as possible. if a $800 bow gives you the confdence that you need. so be it. but a mathews is just like any other bow, it cannot shoot itself. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!! that is what it takes. btw: YANKEES RULE!!!

Quick Reply: Mathews Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.