Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Filming hunts?

Old 08-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Filming hunts?

Anyone out there do this regularly. I want to do this with my movie camera, but I worry about managing the camera and bow at the same time. I was thinking of making a screw in holder. One that could be mounted and swung in the direction of the monster when he shows up.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:49 AM

Default RE: Filming hunts?

They already make screw in adjustable arms to hold video cameras. Bass Pro carries them... You could also have your spouse hold the camera for you
Old 08-10-2004, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

I have the mount made by Gorilla Treestands. It works really well. You can find it in Bass Pro or Keystone Country Store. I have also noticed them at a few walmarts. My buddy has the tree-pod and it is close to $150, but it is definatly nicer.

My video camera goes on every hunt.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:59 PM

I film every hunt I am on. I use the Pro-Bow-Cam from Pine Ridge Archery. Works great.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:27 PM

which mount you use depends on which camera, i film a lot of hunts for tv shows, using the xl series and gl2 cameras, and the one from pine ridge wound work for it, to flimsy works ok with smaller units though, the mount from klawhorn works great as well as the tree pod they get some rugged use i like the klawhorn mount best, very smooth on its paning and tilting remember bring exra batteries since the camera will eat them quick the more you use the zoom, and viewfinder window, also cold will kill them quick! set thre mount either over your shoulder or just below your shoulder so you can see it and move it with minimal movement also practice with it forst while drawing your bow or swinging with your gun,
Old 08-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

I have started making hunting video's, we are going to teams rather than filming ourselves. Last year i blew three opertunitys at trophy bucks on an Iowa hunt, on film due to trying to film myself. From now on I have a camera man.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:29 PM

if ur willing to spend $400 I got a product for you. Its called the hunt cam. Made by Hunt Tech. It goes over your stabilizer and records digitally. It doesnt jump like other cameras either. It has Sims stuff inside it. Look for it on Cabelas.com
Old 08-10-2004, 10:00 PM
Dominant Buck

thanks guys. I have a digital movie came and hope to share my pics. I will figure it out.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have filmed some hunts...usually after the fact, cause we usually aren't ready when the deer or turkey or whatever comes up.

I hope to get a digital camcorder, it'll take all the converting of VHS out of the way, and make things much easier.

I do have a good turkey hunting video, where ol G-Dawg missed with his bow, captured on film for forever.

Good stuff.

I love to videotape hunts though...captures the memories for an eternity.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:07 AM

Ive been videoing my own hunts for a couple years now and its hard to do, but I bought a monopod, one leg that has different brackets to attatch to whatever you want it on, i use the one for the front of my treestand, its right in front of me hardly any movement to get game on cam, and you can watch it while your waiting for the shot, and move it a little with my knee if I need to pan, but I have to agree that a cameraman is much better, but you have to trust him enough that he wont spook a good buck when it comes in, had that happen with an inexperienced buddy new to hunting, just moved too much, boy was that upsetting. If you want to check out the mount, go to extremeshot.com thats who makes it.

Quick Reply: Filming hunts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.