HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Do you see anything unusual in this pic? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/68672-do-you-see-anything-unusual-pic.html)

Solax 08-10-2004 10:16 AM

Do you see anything unusual in this pic?

If so I'll tell you the story.

Tazman 08-10-2004 10:19 AM

RE: Do you see anything unusual in this pic?

Well except for a hunter in a tree stand almost on top of that buck, no I don't! Do we hear the story now?

BagginBigguns 08-10-2004 10:19 AM

What's up in the tree?

rybohunter 08-10-2004 10:20 AM

there's a guy up in the tree with the deer under him.

DoubleLung55 08-10-2004 10:21 AM

i doubt its the mystery but whats in the bottom left corner???

extreme1 08-10-2004 10:23 AM

Only thing I can see is the small pine sapling is tore up to the right of the buck.Other then that u got me-lol:)

Oh and what does 19----29 mean?

jte248 08-10-2004 10:34 AM

whats the rest of the story?
[:-]

Solax 08-10-2004 10:43 AM

19-29 means 7:29 PM

Guess that didn't take too long.:) Let me just say if the picture didn't open right to where I was in the tree it might have taken y'all a little longer.

So here's the story, got back from the beach a little early on Sunday and decided to hang a stand, don't have much time these days so every minute counts. I walk by my trail camera and see there's a bunch of pics on it so I'm excited. I hang the stand in record time, I think it took me about 20 minutes.

Get up there and clear a few limbs and sit down to take a breather. I swear I took two breathes and heard the deer coming. Now I'm wearing khaki shorts, a grey t-shirt and white shoes. Dripping with sweat, my head, shirt and shorts are soaked. So I hear these deer and they're coming in. I'm thinking it's a doe and some fawns when I see rack. Then another, then another. I ended up having 5 bucks come in through this opening, could have taken any of them (unless I got busted first). So I'm sitting there trying not to have a heart attack, they're all within 20 yds, some as close as 5 yds, and I'm thinking why aren't they running? My scent is all over the area, I'm sweating, I'm not wearing a $500 set of camo. They looked at me a few times and kept eating.

Finally one gets a little nervous and stomps, I guess the smell got to him. So they all tense up, just then the trail cam goes off and they take off. I hurry down, change the film and I'm out of there.

Crazy huh??? 4 of them were about the same size like the one in the pic and the 5th one was a bit smaller. I'm thinking all 2.5 year olds so I'll let em go, but what a way to start the season.

Tazman 08-10-2004 10:47 AM

Solax I have a nack for finding anything out of place in the woods, but after 40 years of deer hunting I better have!!! I am just thankful that deer pick up on movement and not an object that is stationary!

Neat pic and story, BTW, which further proves that camo helps, but being still is the true key!

jte248 08-10-2004 10:49 AM

awesome story, that would should get my heart rate up a little