Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just called Stealth........... >

Just called Stealth...........

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just called Stealth...........

Old 08-09-2004, 07:48 AM

Default Just called Stealth...........

I just called Stealth game cams about my battery eating Digrc xtr. I told them I put it out for about 7 days with fresh batteries, and when I returned to check it, no pics, and batteries dead. *(Note: I actually don't know when the batts konked out as I didn't check it at all for a week. The last time I tried it took 2 or 3 pics, and the batteries only lasted 3 days.)

The reply was: "That's about right, the batteries will only last about 1 week, even with no pics taken. The sensor is using the battery life."

I replied I wasn't very happy with that, and he responded, "well, just return it, where you bought it."

He tried to sell me a dang solar panel.

Beware.........of the Stealth.........
Old 08-09-2004, 07:56 AM

Default RE: Just called Stealth...........

I get 3 weeks out of my batterys in my stealth cam.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:57 AM

ORIGINAL: 3 Step

Digital 3.0 ?? With pics??
Old 08-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 3 Step

Not out of the 3.0 you don't. It must be the other digital. I had called Stealth and had almost the identical conversation! WARNING: Do not buy the 3.0 Stealth![:-][:-][:-][:-][:-]
Old 08-09-2004, 08:30 AM

Ground hunter,

Funny you should mention that they tried to sell you a solar panel. I emailed stealth about rechargable batteries. I can only find 1.2v rechargables and the cam takes 1.5v. They took a few days to respond and whenthey did they said

"Hello,
I would not recommend using batteries other than the voltage that is required. We have a solar panel available which comes with its own rechargeable batteries. The cost of this unit is $99.00 plus shipping. Contact us at 877*269*8490 for further info or if you are interested in purchasing one.

Thank You,
Customer Service
GSM Products"

Thanks a bunch. This is not what I was looking for. I wanted to know if the 1.2 v batteries would work and if they woulf void warrenty. Not a sales pitch[:@]
Old 08-09-2004, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

My Stealth is going back to Gander Mountain today. I've had it out for 7 weeks and unless you are two feet (not exaggerating) in front of the darn thing, it won't take pictures. I've tried a few different film speeds, etc...it's just not what I was expecting. Not necessarily blaming the mfr...it's not their fault a deer (or other) didn't walk right out in front of the camera. I just think I could spend $100 on something else.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:35 AM

There is really no excuse for a basic game & trail camera sensor consuming that kind of power. Without a counter and other assorted goodies that could push one up to around 100 micro amps, an efficient sensor should run at about 35-65 micro amps. That would allow a 9 volt to last 4 months to a year or more.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Hill Hopper

There is really no excuse for a basic game & trail camera sensor consuming that kind of power. Without a counter and other assorted goodies that could push one up to around 100 micro amps, an efficient sensor should run at about 35-65 micro amps. That would allow a 9 volt to last 4 months to a year or more.
I was thinking the same thing. I think it is just a battery eating piece of crap. Somebody should add this up: 6 AA batteries a week throughout the hunting season, what would that cost? The other problem is, I don't really think they are lasting even a week. The time before I only had the camera out 2 or 3 days, about 5 pics, and the batteries were dead.

Crappy attitude by this Stealth cam employee.......You have all been warned.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:49 PM

Sounds like the cheap 35mm stealth cams are more cost efficient than the digital stealth cams. [&:]
Old 08-09-2004, 01:58 PM

to tell you boys the truth i dont see why u waste ur money on these cams...how bout u hunt the old-fashioned way and stalk them and make it a challenge!

Quick Reply: Just called Stealth...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.