Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old Bows

Old 08-07-2004, 04:44 PM

Default Old Bows

How many stick with the same old friend year after year even with all the newer and suppose to be better out there every year?
Old 08-07-2004, 04:52 PM

Default RE: Old Bows

Welcome to the board. I bought a cheaper bow and am thinking about switching to a faster bow, like a Bowtech. I love my bow, but I think my little brother would like it even more. It will be a present. He tells me he loves my bow and wants it so bad. I would rather give it to him sooner than later. I can buy a new bow, but he doesn't have the money.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:55 PM

As Zak said, welcome to the board! I'm fairly new to the compound world, but I plan on upgrading my bow as often as every two years. That gives me enough time to put away a little extra cash for a new bow and accessories without too much guilt. It also gives me enough time to take a few animals and make a few memories with my bows. I don't know whether I'll sell the bows or not, I'll probably keep them and use them for bowfishing, small game, etc...
Old 08-07-2004, 04:57 PM

Not so sure about the every 2 year plan Wash. With a Martin you better make it every 2 months! Just kidding.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:59 PM

lmao You're a funny guy Zak... Reeeaaaal funny. Seems to me you're already having stabalizer problems on your...PSE?

Old 08-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bought my Pro-Line in the mid 80's and have hunted every year since with it. It's logged a lot of deer since then.

I can't seem to bring myself to get rid of it. I like the size, the feel, and how I shoot it.

Only time I don't take it is when I'm toting my Necedah recurve.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:14 PM

I buy a new bow every 3 or 4 years and pass my old bows on as gifts.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:20 PM

I'm guilty when I find 1 I like.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:33 PM

I have used my "old" PSE edge 2050Z since it came out in the 80's it shoots well. It is a beast comared to the new bows out there today. I love the Bow Tech series. Liberty, Justice (for all)
Lot's of money. If you aint got it shoot well with what you got.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:22 AM

I do not evaluate my bows by age; I only care about the condition and the efficiency. Why in the world would I want to retire or get rid of something that has become part of me and that I know inside and out? I could buy a new bow every season. What for? To start learning all about the bow all over again?

I have yet to have a deer complain that he or she felt slighted being harvested with earlier gear.

Quick Reply: Old Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.