Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 North American Whitetail TV ? >

North American Whitetail TV ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

North American Whitetail TV ?

Old 08-06-2004, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default North American Whitetail TV ?

Did anyone happen to catch last nights show? They did a segment on a hunter who video taped two bucks fighting and showed the video. It was UBELIEVABLE! It showed the bigger buck locking horns with the smaller buck and then taking the smaller buck down. It ends with the bigger buck walking away with the smaller buck lying dead. The big buck drove his big rack into the heart of the smaller buck. You got to see it to believe it. Oh.........as the big buck walks away he stopps and present a shot to the hunter but he can't shot after seeing what he just saw. Kudos to the hunter/videoman.

The show is on again Sun Aug. 8, 2004 10:00 AM on The Outdoor Channel
Old 08-06-2004, 09:52 AM

Default RE: North American Whitetail TV ?

I DIDNT GET A CHNCE TO SEE THAT ILL HAVE TO CATCH IT SUNDAY ON MY ONLY NIGHT OFF!!! IT WILL BE INTRESTING TO WATCH THAT.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will also like to see that! something like that you just don`t see every day!
Old 08-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya I saw it, that was unbelievable. I couldnt believe that buck was so mad that he kept goring the other buck when he was down. I would have let him walk too. Wonder if the hunter kept the dead buck, I would have.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:56 PM

yeah i saw it too, and I had to wonder, what would I do in that situation. If you were hunting one of your hunting spots, and saw what he videoed, would you try to stop them, whan you saw that the larger buck was killing the smaller buck, even the smaller buck was a nice deer, and with another year or so, hed have been a shooter, but not now. I realize that its natures way of survival of the fittest, and its really rare and cool to see two bucks battle, but Id be torn as to whether to make some noise to let the smaller buck have a chance to get up and maybe live. He has for sure seen and videoed something that he will probably never see again, dont know what I would have done, what would each of you done in that stand???[:-]
Old 08-06-2004, 09:09 PM

I am an avid Outdoor Channel guy but I missed this. I will definitely tune in next week. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-07-2004, 05:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

And these two bucks proably ran together during the summer in a batchlor group and knew each other well.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wounder what the PETA people would say about that. Nature is much more cruel than the hunting they try and stop.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was a sight my wife told me to turn it off. It was kind of wrenching listening to that smaller buck bellow! For those that missed it try to catch the replay.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:32 PM

Oh yeah. That was sick. That bigger buck ended up walking 20 yards from his stand and he wa to nervous to shoot.

Quick Reply: North American Whitetail TV ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.