Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 To late to hang stands? >

To late to hang stands?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To late to hang stands?

Old 08-04-2004, 03:20 PM

Default To late to hang stands?

I still have about 2 months before the season opens, but do you think it is to late to sneak in and hang a stand right quick? I havent had much spare time on my hands. Thanks for the reply
Old 08-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: To late to hang stands?

i just got one of mine up today and cleared some branches, i think its still ok if u can sneak in, try to do it mid- day and during a rain if possible, seems to work best for me. Good luck
Old 08-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

i think your ok, im going up this weekend to put up 2 or 3 ladder stands...

its more than a month before the season here, and i know roughly where i am going to put them, i dont need to bulldoze through the woods to put them up

i think your fine -- 2 years ago, we hung a stand at noon and then at 5:30 pm i put an arrow through a buck, which of course we never found...
Old 08-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

sure drop. I will still be setting stands up for the next month
Old 08-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

You will definately have more then enough time to set stands up.At this time of the year the deer are so used to people moving through the woods it wont bother them,they will be back tomorrow.I have personally set stands up a week before season opens and always seem to see deer.I really dont think it bothers them that much during the summer months.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Don't worry, you have plenty of time to hang stands. The deer won't be bothered with a couple of appearances by you, its when you can be patterned and visit regularly is a no no. I generally move stands during the season due to finding better trails and changing conditions during the rut.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:50 PM

I hang my stands in sept.-- 1 month before the season
Old 08-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Well, seeing how I move around in my climber ALL the time and reposition stands all during the season... I don't think it's too late. Do it low impact. In at mid day or even in the night when they're out in the fields if it's near the bedding area. I've gone so far as to hang a stand in a down pour after dark a couple days before the season came in with great success. Think, don't stink... and you can make it work. Don't be cutting down the woods though.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:42 PM

Its never too late to hang stands. I try to stay mobile throughout the deer season and adjust to changing deer patterns.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:50 PM

The sooner the better so your stands, straps, steps etc.... have plenty of chance to descent. But heck, season is 1 month and a half away. Your fine. But like davidmill said, do it at mid-day.

Quick Reply: To late to hang stands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.