Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ???Best Mechanicals??? >

???Best Mechanicals???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

???Best Mechanicals???

Old 08-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default ???Best Mechanicals???

I have always shot fixed heads and with out any problem but i want to experiment with mechanicals this year i shoot 100 grain heads. I generate between 75ft. lbs and 90 ft. lbs of KE depending on which bow im shooting. i want something with a pretty big cutting diameter. I hunt al sorts of animals so im not just shooting deer thanks for the input

Old 08-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ???Best Mechanicals???

I've got very limited experience with mechanicals. Got tired of fooling with 'em after one summer of experimenting. They all had some kind of some kind of problem. Either they didn't function properly without being cleaned up and fixed, or the blades weren't up to snuff for sharpness. All but one, that is.

The NAP Shockwaves were the only mechanicals I tried that were what I would call 'hunt ready', right out of the box. They were sharp and functioned perfectly.

With the energy levels you're talking about, you can use dang near any mechanical you want. Whichever ones you wind up with, make sure you check each blade on each head for sharpness and function before hunting with 'em.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

My experience with spitfires has been excellent, I have a friend who killed a black bear with one, the damage was awsome!
Old 08-03-2004, 11:00 AM

Can't member which one, but Rocket makes one with, like, a 2 3/4" cut I believe. I have never hunted with this one, but I always liked the wolverine. Just curious, why the switch?
Old 08-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

spit fire all the way, no rubber bands, and it sounds like you have enough kE for a mechanical, i have had no quams with that broadhead it has truly been the best ive used.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

For that much ke , buckblasters or hamerheads
Old 08-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

I am a big fan of RM Gator XPs, 2inch Cutting diameter and they penetrate extremely well for thier size. I think 5shot gave them a 26 with an A for blade sharpness.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

I would use a spitfire or a rocket steelhead, they seem to be the most durable.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:07 PM

Rocket Steelhead-125 Extreme Broadheads: The steelhead extreme couples the popular steelhead's 1 piece solid steel ferrule with 3 extra long, extra tough blades. The result - a broadhead delivering 1 3/4" cutting diameter, swept-back blade design ensures blades open immediately on contact. Full-size pathfinder point deliver bone busting power to achieve the best penetration.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rocky Mountain Snyper. Sharper than Rockets, opens better than Spitfire. I'm very glad I made the switch.

Quick Reply: ???Best Mechanicals???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.