Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Posting land: Mixed emotions >

Posting land: Mixed emotions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Posting land: Mixed emotions

Old 08-02-2004, 02:23 PM

Default Posting land: Mixed emotions

Well, I've got a 50+ acre of land that my parents own that I'll be bowhunting this season. Do you think it is greedy to post the land hunting by written permission only in an effort to promote QDM and to keep gun hunters from over pressureing the deer on my property?
There is a farm that consist of about 500 acre across the road which is posted and the owners do not allow hunting. With so much land for the deer to live undistrubed in, I feel it is in my best intrest to post my land as well. Ultimately I'd like the deer to move freely from property to property but fear too much pressure on my property will send these deer packing for protected ground.

I feel pretty crapy as I know that people hunt this land. I've seen them other years and I don't mind other hunters if they respect the land and the rules I would like to set forth.

I would like to keep it bow hunting only. This is not negotionable. I feel this is the most effective way to hunt the property with limited pressure on the deer. I'd also like to set some restrictions on the size of harvestable animals. I see real potential for QDM on my property in conjuction with my neighbors.

What are your thoughts?
Old 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM

Default RE: Posting land: Mixed emotions

you (or someone in your family) bought it, you own it, you pay taxes on it. I see absolutely nothing wrong with posting it.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:28 PM

Its your Parents Land - Its not for others to use............

Post it and don't feel guilty.

Its great that you would let others hunt on it with permission.

You have EVERY right to Post it.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:28 PM

I think it's a great idea. We have some 4,000 acres (Private land) that we're allowed to hunt and we've made it hunting by permit only. You want to hunt the land you need to get a permit that I had made from the landowner. Only 10 permits are handed out per year.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:31 PM

Ditto to all the responses. I think implementing a QDM program and selecting responsible hunters to bow hunt could be a fun use of your time and help promote safe and productive hunting on YOUR land.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:38 PM

Keep it for yourself. I would try to get access to that 500. Tell them if you are allowed to hunt it you will patrol it for trespassers.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:42 PM

Do you think it is greedy to post the land hunting by written permission

Like krotalus said, it is your land, you own it, and you pay taxes on it. It's no bodies bussiness to be on it, if you dont want them to be. If somebody has a problem with getting written permission from you before they can hunt your land, then they are the type of people who you dont want out there in the first place. They should feel lucky that they get to hunt somebody elses land for free.

The home that you live in, do you think people should be able to come and go, use your bathroom, sleep in your room, and eat your food in the kitchen, without asking?
Old 08-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with the others, i hunt private land that my grandfather owns and he only lets 3 of us hunt it all year, it's yours so do what u want with it, if your gonna let some others hunt the ground with permission thats pretty cool too. Just make sure that your rules are followed.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:37 PM

Post it!
Old 08-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Up to you,But I know if it was here in Pa and unposted it would look like a it had money trees on it.You would need a traffic cop and parking attendant

Quick Reply: Posting land: Mixed emotions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.