Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Where does it end? >

Where does it end?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where does it end?

Old 08-03-2004, 02:33 PM

Default RE: Where does it end?

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: Dave Solgat

When it comes down to the equipment on the bow it is still up to the hunter to do his part and more gadgets means more stuff to fowl up a perfectly good hunt.
I am guilty of using a release, peep sight, fiber optic pin, and mech heads at times, but none of it ever made me a better hunter, only a better archer.

I think you can take any person out there who is of average skills and dexterity and make them lethal with todays equipment in 1-2 weeks time.

Send them into the woods with a good deer population and they stand a very good chance of taking a deer..........not a mature buck..........but a deer.

That is saying something because years ago that was unheard of.
Well there's a lot more deer in the woods than there were even 10 years ago when I started hunting. It must not be too easy because the hunting population shrinks every year.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can have all of the fancy new gadgets available, but if you can't make the shot when it counts it really doesn't matter.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Dominant Buck

REst easy ATLASMAN.... I haven't bought one yet. Don't intend to either. Just doesn't make much sense to me to find a picture of a deer in July at midnight where he won't be in October at 8 AM. I hunt the old fashion way. Find the sign, see the sign, read the sign..... gut the deer.[8D]
Old 08-08-2004, 11:48 PM

u know i dont think it really ever will end until the laws in states get clamped down and established...i can understand the advantages for the disabled, but for the people that have a natural love for hunting like i do.. you shouldnt be using these advantages..my god rough it for once and use what god gave you..
Old 08-09-2004, 12:01 AM

Just doesn't make much sense to me to find a picture of a deer in July at midnight where he won't be in October at 8 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think this website/fourm is in there as well! 10 years ago there wasn't this wealth of info at your fingertips 24/7! I remember going up north with my pops and just to love hearing the hunting stories over and over just to learn! Now its 1 click away! JMO