HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Deer hunting contest on here??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/67662-deer-hunting-contest-here.html)

DoubleLung55 07-30-2004 07:53 PM

Deer hunting contest on here???

Well i know that the turkey guys had a lil challenge goin this past spring , but i was wondering if anyone wanted to get a deer contest started up ., have teams or what not , and the most combined points or scores fom teams took the prize???

If anyone knows how to do all that stuff like with the internet and get the stuff setup , ill do it , and if we can get enough interested guys involved...

just an idea:eek:

deadshot 07-30-2004 07:56 PM

RE: Deer hunting contest on here???

double lung check out the big game forum pse archer already started one

DoubleLung55 07-30-2004 08:05 PM

aight cool .... ill have to get in on that , but i was saying like a strictly archery one...but if not that will do fine .. thanks deadshot

nub 07-30-2004 08:30 PM

We used to have the Moderators Cup for the bowhunting forum. [>:] Then the guy with the trophy cash moved to Vegas and nothing more was said.[&o] Or perhaps I've just missed the outcome?[&:]

Fieldmouse 07-30-2004 08:38 PM

I'm game. I don't know whats involved but I will help as I can.

IL_BOW_MAN 07-30-2004 08:44 PM

No nub, you know as much as I do. I had the page basically ready just waiting for him to get the trophies to open her up.

I know everybody always had a good time with Mod Cup, but I would have to guess that it won't happen this year. Sorry guys.

DoubleLung55 07-30-2004 08:51 PM

no im sayin jsut like they did on the turkey hutning forum , like make teams , kinda a online drury dream season .... everyone pay like a few dollars , get in , get on a team , then everyone gets one buck they want to have entered in teh contest , only one i say , because in some states like PA u only get one buck tag , either that or jsut have a set # of points for doe or like ad so many points to the deers wieght for doe or somethin.... and jsut for bow hunters .. just an idea , but it would be fun , we would jsut need areally trustworthy person to handle the money part... or jsut lets organize teams for Sh*ts and giggles , and the winners just get the respect of being the dominant predator!!!

Shootem up870 07-30-2004 08:56 PM

i think its a good idea. archery only. whats the rules?

DoubleLung55 07-30-2004 09:03 PM

we would all have to like plan it out more shootem...

but like the normal , must be taken with legal hutning practices in the state of harvest , you get one buck to enter a season , that way if u shoot a dink , and u think you can do better jsut dont enter the dink incase u cant get another ... then at the end ull have one to put in... whtietail only ....then we would have to figure out how to score a doe... you must have a pic of the animal , so noone jsut made it up ... so many ppl per team , jsut stuff we would have to all setup in one big effort...

but im willing to figure it out if someone wants to head up the contest and try to get a page running or somethin , im nto that great with that kinda stuff on here , i know how to send email , surf the net , and talk to friends thats about it!!

Deerslayer_37 07-30-2004 09:18 PM

im game.

slayer