Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer hunting contest on here??? >

Deer hunting contest on here???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer hunting contest on here???

Old 08-01-2004, 10:33 AM

Default RE: Deer hunting contest on here???

Just an idea....but why not let the websters pick their own 4 man teams?
Old 08-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

alright , i have changed my mind on scoring , you guys did make alot of good points on the deer wieght thing , 2 yrs ago i shot a dinky 6 point with my bow that had an enormous body ...but then my bros friend shot a monster 8 pt that barely crested 100lbs...

but then all we need for a scoring page is someone to find the P&Y scoring sheet and have a link to it in our final post ... the post where all the team members will post success or failur of hunt stories.... ill post back later on if neone has some more ideas for the rules ... but deadline for rules is tonight so tommorow we can get the sign up rolling.....
Old 08-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

mark... that isnt a bad idea , but some guys might all live in lets say IOWA or in my uncles case NOBUCKAWA and they will all slam some giants and me and you will jsut shoot our so so 8 points off the farm ... just y im all for drawing names.....
Old 08-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Dominant Buck

tried to catch this one before being posted.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Dominant Buck

I was just going to make an excel spread sheet broken into groups listing each entry and team totals. If someone else wants to do it then please be my guest.

How long do you want it to go? I know some seasons go until the end of Jan and beyond.
How does 12/31 sound?
Old 08-01-2004, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

For teams, since each zone had different weights and rack sizes why not have 2 zones and each team of 4 would have 2 people from each zone.

P&Y Score Sheet

I think everyone has agreed to keep weight out ??? I thought that was a good idea since most people would end up over estimating the weights anyhow lol.

I have a strange idea for score that I would like to have thoughts on.

Total (mass) volume of antler size in mililiters (which could be determined by the amount of water the antlers displace) multiplied by the number of points as proven by 2 profile pictures.

Example:
big rack few points 750ml x 6 score 4500

small rack few points 500ml x 6 score 3000

big rack many points 750ml x 14 score 10050

small rack many points 500ml x 14 score 7000

tiny rack many points 350ml x 8 score 2800

Therefore a decent rack 6 point would still outscore a tiny basket rack 8.

Or am I just way off base?
Old 08-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Count me in too.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol HAZCON ... i think that might be a big complicated , i say we make it simple and jsut have the P&Y score sheet you have provided us , but i do agree with atleast 1 pic of you and the animal to PROVE that you shot it...we will keep wieght out.... and we should jsut have teams of 4 from anywhere , that way it is easy to organize and all , althought if enough people want to just have it like 2 people from midwest states , and 2 from eastern and southern states , im game , we jsut gotta figure it out by tommorow afternoon , i plan on starting the signup sheet tommorow at about 4 ish eastern time!!!
Old 08-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

I think you all are making good points about the piont system, P&Y scoring system has been working for years, we should stick with that, Also I think the teams should be ramdomly picked, and you should submit a pic of you and your deer, just to keep everyone honest, I am not saying people would put in false scores, but I am not saying someone might not. I think this is a great Idea, And it should be alot of fun! So what is the verdict on splitting up two zones to help out the smaller racks of us up north compeared to the large racks of the guys down south in like Texas and Iowa, Should we make up zones or just let it go? I personaly don't care either way, when we get the ruls all finialized we should post them up in here somewhere. Good luck to all, Let the games begain!
Old 08-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

im in were do i sign

Quick Reply: Deer hunting contest on here???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.