Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer hunting contest on here??? >

Deer hunting contest on here???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer hunting contest on here???

Old 07-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Deer hunting contest on here???

I'll number crunch if you want. I will warn you, I'll be out for the week during thanksgiving burning buns on the beach.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

alright well we will only need a guy to make the page up , and make a scoring calculator .... then finalize rules and have ppl sign up... then at a cerain deadline , pick teams... so who wants to make the page up?????
Old 07-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll make the page when you all come up with the rules and the way we come up with the teams.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:34 PM

I'm game, but you should have to enter the first buck you get. Sure it would have to be on an honor system, but most of you are trustworthy. Not all states (Washington) allow you more than one buck, so being able to take multiple deer and then choose the one you feel best fit seems rather unfair to me.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoyed donating my money for the moderator cup as I am from NJ and atleast where I am from they are not that big but respectable. But I thought it was a lot of fun though. I hope more join in. But if it happens I will be in too.

Brian
Old 07-31-2004, 12:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

this isnt goin to be for money is it? i say we just have a good time with it and dont worry about the money. but im in either way
Old 07-31-2004, 10:50 AM

Sounds like a good idea to me. Just to add a little more fun to the already exciting bowhunting season.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Washington hunter that was my first idea , only let us harvest and enter one buck per season , but for the guys that can harvest more then one , they have to make a really tough decison , can they do better then the first one they shoot ??? that way if they shoot a dink and still have a tag left , they could just wait off and enter it later if they dont get something bigger , or enter a bigger one if they got one... then i begin to think that it might not be fair to soe of us that dont get a second chance at a buck , so i would say we should jsut get to take one buck....

as for rules , the deer jsut has to be killed with legal and ethical hunting practices in your state , we can get a scorign calculator page , made up like the turkey boys did so u jsut enter your specs and it gives you a score... must have a pic of the animal , if you cant post it im surer someone would gladly help you ... then have a set score for doe , or jsut use their wieght divided by 2 or somethin like that , its all archery kills , and have teams of 3-5 people , and if we dont play for money , the winner will jsut get the title of archery domanance on the board , til next season .. or if someone wanted to be our TREASURER type offical lol we could all pitch in like a few dollars nd at the end , the winning team can split it , or jsut someone buy a few lil plaques or trophies...
Old 07-31-2004, 11:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll take the names down and put them in a hat. I will plan on 4 to a team and we need to set a deadline as to when the cut off will be. I like the rule to make it your first buck. I'm not too keen on the does counting.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:32 PM

Count me in, sounds like fun!!!

Quick Reply: Deer hunting contest on here???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.