Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 help with wife's bow selection >

help with wife's bow selection

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

help with wife's bow selection

Old 07-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default help with wife's bow selection

It's time to get my wife a new bow and I'm not really sure what to get her. Any help would be appreciated and lets keep it under $500 for a bare bow. I'd like a good brace height, her draw length is 27, and I think she can pull between 50 and 55 pounds comfortably. She loves the feel of my mathews but I don't know how low (poundage) a pull you can get out of a mathews. Any suggestions.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:34 AM

Default RE: help with wife's bow selection

My wife recently shot a Golden Eagle Sparrowhawk II bow, this might be a little less of a bow than you are looking for though, I think it maxes at 40#

You might want to check out the Bowtech Ladyhawk, although i dont know if you could keep it an the Mathews in the same place j/k
Old 07-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't hesitate at all to put her in a Matthews bow! They are quite forgiving and easy to shoot. If you are looking for something a little less spendy, look at a Fred Bear bow. They aren't as fancy as a Matthews, but they get the job done and are comfy to shoot. Good luck.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:10 PM

yea, i was thinkin like a mathews sq2. My boss's wife, who has a 25" draw and only pulls around 50 pounds sold her mq1 for an sq2 and loves it. Another bow you might look at is the mathews mustang. its made for smaller draws and lower poundages. or, bowtech makes the ladyhawk, which is also a smaller draw lower poundage bow. Then, theres the parker packages, and bare parker bows. Im not sure on exact models there though.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:26 PM

http://www.parkerbows.com/extremeultralite31.html

Extreme Ultra-Lite 31

$519.95 msrp
The definition of extreme.

Parker pushed archery technology to the limit when we developed the Ultra-Lite 31. So how can 31 inches and just 2.9 pounds be improved? Try Parker's new In-Line riser, Mossy Oak's New Break-Up camo and Sims Super String Leeches and LimbSavers for starters. Just like its predecessor, the Extreme Ultra-Lite 31 is ideally suited for treestand or spot and stalk styles of hunting. The bow's extreme light-weight, short length and blazing speed make the Extreme Ultra-Lite 31 the perfect bow for any serious bowhunter.

RISER - New light-weight machined aluminum In-Line Riser provides perfect vertical alignment between the cam, arrow rest and sight pins for quicker, more precise tuning. Back of the riser is pre-tapped to accept Sims L/S Vibration Modules at the top and bottom.

BOW LENGTH - 31" axle to axle

MASS WEIGHT - 2.9 Lb.

DRAW LENGTHS - 23", 24", 25", 26", 27", 28", 29", 30"

DRAW WEIGHTS - 40-50#, 50-60#, 60-70# (order by peak weight)

CAM - Super One Cam

BRACE HEIGHT - 7"

AVERAGE ARROW SPEED IBO - 310 fps AMO - 235 fps

GRIP - New Synprene grip’s tacky and soft feel cushions and insulates the hand for better comfort while shooting.

VIBRATION DAMPENING and NOISE REDUCTION PRODUCTS INCLUDED:

Sims Stealth LimbSavers
Sims Super Stealth String Leeches

this is nice starter bow
hope this helps
Old 07-30-2004, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try a Alpine Impact xtreme.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife has a 27" draw. She shoots a Hoyt SierraTec. Her draw weight is 50 to 60-lbs. She shoots very well @ 50-lbs.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the stuff I was looking for, a lot of good suggestions. Keep em coming and thanks.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Thru trial and error I now have a Browning Micro Midas 3. I also have a 27" draw. I'm a begginer with a bow and I love mine. I don't remember if it comes in different draw weights or not so it may be to wimpy for your wife
Old 07-30-2004, 09:00 PM

Mathews Sq2 sounds good, with a 50# peak draw weight maybe? Bowtech Ladyhawk is supposed to be good...go down to the pro shop and check it out..

slayer

Quick Reply: help with wife's bow selection

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.