Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spitfire Broadheads >

Spitfire Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spitfire Broadheads

Old 07-29-2004, 04:59 PM

Default Spitfire Broadheads

I am considering shooting Spitfire 100's this year. I have heard good and bad things about them and was wondering if anyone here could give me any insight. THanks in advance.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spitfire Broadheads

I've killed a few deer with them. You want massive blood trails? The Spitfires will give it to you.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:24 PM

you need high ke in order the spitfire to open
Old 07-29-2004, 07:00 PM

I have killed a few big bucks with the 100s. All mine were pass throughs except one that I had a bad angle on, punched through the shoulder and broke 2 ribs on the far side! Great blood trails and shoot the same as my field tips, thats good enough for me.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:07 PM
New Sheriff

I've shot them for the past 4 years, going on 5. I have killed 10 or 11 deer with them and have never had one fail me. Great entry holes, TREMENDOUS exit holes, blood like you poured it out of a bucket, and I just shoot a Reflex Xtreme Powerflex.

I don't know if image station works here or not but here is a pic of one of the first one's I shot with the spitfires..

The shoulder shot it the first shot, he didn't go 15 yds then bedded down. I got impatient and shot him again in the head. Looking back , I should have waited another 2 minutes and it would have saved me an arrow.

BTW- two years ago I killed 3 deer with the same broadhead, re-sharpening in between kills. I also killed a big 8 pt on a severe quartering towards angle, the spitfire entered exactly where it hit and passed thru the front shoulder and out just in front of the hind leg.

Can you tell I am sold on them?
Old 07-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

if you are asking for opinions then heres mine. don't waste your money on the nap heads. yes don't get me wrong . they are excellant heads, but
they do require alot to open compared to what i use. i use the rocket hammerheads and the need half the energy to open and have 3/4 of an inch more cutting width than spitfires. just my opinion but the hammerheads i have used on deer have dropped all my deer within 50 yards. they do not go very far with a 2" hole in each side. as far as bone splitting how about through the front shoulder and out the rear hind hip. devastating. also by the way the nap spitfires cost about $30 for three and the hammerheads are $20 for three. just my preference and good hunting
Old 07-30-2004, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are tough well made heads. the blades are sharp and they are accurate. They do open slower than many other mechanicals however, and do require a bit more KE in my opinion to be effective. Overall though they are good heads.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:55 AM

I have killed 8-9 deer with them and have had good results ! They do leave huge exit holes and the best bloodtrails I have gotten !

The only down side is they leave a small "bullet hole" like entry wound......so if you don't get an exit wound......don't expect a lot of blood !!

I have never had a problem with Spitfires or penetration..........but all of my set up's have produced over 70# of KE !!

Not to argue.......but I have used Rocket Hammerheads.........and I think they are an inferior product to the Spitfires ! They are not nearly as sharp, blades bend easily, bloodtrails are not as good (but are still good), and they are the hardest heads I have ever changed blades on !! And all deer are not the same.......I nailed a double lung shot on a small buck and he still ran 100 yrds with a Hammerhead before going down !!

Just my $.02 !!
Old 07-30-2004, 07:43 AM

The last 11 deer I shot were killed with Spitfire 100's. I shoot a 60lb bow with a 26 inch draw and ACC 328. Not huge KE but I have not lost a deer and the farthest any have gone after being hit was maybe 40 yards, I have also had pass through on all but maybe 3 of those deer. The only other broad head I would consider would be the NAP mechanical with the razor tip. Great braodheads in my opinion.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:52 AM

Got to agree with CBM SC,the Rocket heads were by far the worse heads I ever shot.The blades bend and break,and the sharpness isn't there.NAP Spitfires and Shockwaves are very good heads,and I've been using them for years...Bob

Quick Reply: Spitfire Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.