Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Perfect Stand >

The Perfect Stand

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Perfect Stand

Old 09-08-2004, 09:28 AM

Default The Perfect Stand

I found my perfect stand! The packmaster from API. I bought one last fall. Will be buying another this fall for my son. Excellent idea - combine a telescoping climbing stick with a fixed stand. Also the fixed stand can be removed and both the ladder and stand can be used separate. I LOVE IT!

Also, API has recently been bought by Bass Pro Shops so you know their gonna be around for a long time.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The Perfect Stand

I wanted to try one of those. Does the tree need to be perfectly straight for them to work?? We don't have many of those around here.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds like a great stand!
Old 09-08-2004, 10:56 AM

The ladder joints have enough play in them to allow for uneven trees. More so than my quik stick ladder. If a tree is that uneven and I HAVE to hunt from it, I take the fixed stand off and use it with my screw in steps (or strap on). It just adds time and makes setup alot more dangerous. This packmaster is so fast, quiet, and SAFE!
Old 09-08-2004, 11:31 AM

Hey MoBo, I have been looking at those stands for about a year and haven't purchased one yet. Keep us updated on how it works for you all this season you may talk me into one. I generally use ladder stands and thought that was a nice twist on ladder stands and easier to pack in. How heavy is it? How long does it take to setup? Any problems at all?

Thanks
Old 09-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

seems a little heavy though at 24lbs....
Old 09-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Spike

These stands are an awesome idea but I already found a flaw. My friend bent his last year. You climb the ladder while placing straps around to steady it to the tree, if you climb one ladder rung to high you bend the ladder, it then will not telescope without making a ton of noise. Remember not to climb too high before its strapped.... Great idea though... I still prefer my Tree Lounge and Summit though.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:57 PM

24 lbs sound heavy but my lonewolf alpha and 20' quik sticks weigh 28lbs. This stand sets up twice as fast and is much safer to get my 12 yr old bowhunter son (and wife) up in one. It's really nice when you plan on hunting the same stand location for a few days.