Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It Has Begun

Old 07-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It Has Begun

LET ME TELL YA FELLA'S..........This season is going to come early! I dont care what anyone says, here in ohio, it may be different because yall are in a different state, but here in ohio it is unseasonably cold for july!! Which is going to trigger all kinda of different stuff for these whitetails here where i hunt. If you all didnt notice this years turkey season was a lil outta whack, some hunters got their birds where others fell short, and the records were low in all states, i say that to say this.......the season is coming early so get your boots, bows, and arrows boys, the deer are to be harvested
Old 07-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Turkey Fan,

I have no idea if you're right or wrong but I sure like the way you think
Old 07-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

newshooter where in wadsworth you hunt? i just recently lost the land that i used to hunt. the ownership changed hands and teh new guy is a prick... maybe you coudl tell me if there are some more land around to be had?

i have noticed strange things with the animals already so the season being early isnt to far off. i woudl say thay might be hitting stuff up about 2-3 weeks early
Old 07-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like a case of premature de-velvetation to me.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:49 AM

Daystalker I can hunt my own property. Where did you use to hunt? Alot of the property is privatly owned and is WELL managed with PandY being shot every year. I have other places also I can hunt.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:53 PM

turkey season was bad around here because thers so many hens. all the birds were henned up until the end of the season. i think that could go the same way all around the midwest, as turkey populations are booming. too many hens though, wayyy too many.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:31 PM

They definetly have been loosing their velvet here in CA. Here is proof taken on July 23rd, 2004.

Old 07-28-2004, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well thank ya silentassasin I think i know what i am talking about and what i think, its just hard for people to understand my thoughts, LMAO!!
The pic that marine shows that young buck is outta velvet, so goes to show ya. hey devil dog.......what is the temp right now in pendelton?
I sure miss the Grunts, but it sure is good to be home, lol.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:27 PM

Hey TURKEY FAN, it has been very warm here on Pendleton. I am an 0311, with 3/5 K. Co. I am in the process of checking out of here. I EAS Aug, 9th, and will be heading back to PA to stick a few deer, cant hardly wait. HOO RAH!
Old 07-28-2004, 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: MATTHEWS

They definetly have been loosing their velvet here in CA. Here is proof taken on July 23rd, 2004.

Is California still an American state?

Quick Reply: It Has Begun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.