HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   HHA sights (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/67205-hha-sights.html)

bishop_unt2 07-26-2004 07:09 PM

HHA sights

i have been looking pretty hard at getting an HAA sight. i was wondering how easy they are to adjust yardage and how much better they are than a regular fixed pin sight and what advantages they have. i shoot a hoyt magna tec at 60# if that makes any diffrence. i have a cobra three pin sight and i was thinking about upgrading to something diffrent.

BGfisher 07-26-2004 08:26 PM

RE: HAA sights

Depends on which one you're looking at. Last year I got an OL-5000. You can't beat it for ruggedness. All metal, the guard is designed to protect the pin well. It's bright as all git-out. As with any adjustable sight you have to put yardage marks on a tape as you sight in for various distances, but that's all part of the fun. Lifetime guarantee.

Another thing I like about this type of sight is that with the single pin there is less obstruction in the sight picture. You can't pick the wrong pin. There's only one. For hunting I usually set mine for 25 yards a leave it. It's good for anything inside 30 yards. If I happen to get into thicker cover I move it to 20 yards.

If the OL-5000 has one downside it's that it's a bit heavier than most, but that is part of the price to be paid for not having plastic junk on your bow.

JeramyK 07-26-2004 08:33 PM

I use the same sight as BGfisher. It's definately a well built sight. I also have mine sighted in at 25 yards.

CLOUD 9, MN 07-26-2004 10:00 PM

I think HHA makes high quality sights. I have several of there adjustable models Optimaizer lite and the new OL-5000. The are very very good as ajustables go. If you have a fairly fast bow, single pins are great form 0 tp 30 yards.

Good luck!

george_s 07-27-2004 06:46 AM

i have the HHA optimizer and love it. once its setup, very easy to use

RandallT 07-27-2004 06:52 AM

I have to agree with the above posts. I just bought one this year, went from a 4 pin set up. So far I think it is an awesome sight. I have not hunted with it, but one pin at 25 yards has me shoot very tight groups on 3-D courses from 10 to 35 yards with a very slight aim adjustment from different yardages. I have the optimizer.

Texarkanimal 07-27-2004 12:16 PM

I have hunted with the HHA 5000 and 5500 for the last two years and love it. I to have my pin set at 25 yards for hunting and only adjust it for target shooting long ranges. On my set up I can adjust out to about 90 yards for messing around. 5500 is a nice sight but the 5000 is the best buy for the money.

Deerslayer_37 07-27-2004 03:57 PM

I shoot an Ol-5000, can't beat. before, i was shooting a PSE three pin. single pin sight is sheer simplicity. you can't pick the wrong pin. easily adjustable. heavy yeah, but its metal and rugged. i wouldnt have it any other way.

slayer

Twisted Arrow 07-28-2004 04:47 PM

RE: HHA sights

I use the HHA Optimizer and love it ! rugged ,bright and easy to adjust !!