HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   The Grand PVC Stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/66930-grand-pvc-stand.html)

HAZCON7 07-23-2004 10:45 AM

RE: The Grand PVC Stand

Stand dimensions currently are 7' 8" tall (just wanted enough to walk under and hang equipment from underneath) 6' 6" wide by 5' 5" deep.
I have the WigWam hunting blind that measures 5'x5' to put on top.

My experience with duct tape is that it does not hold up well in weather. I've left duct tape outside on another project and the elements essentially separated the outer coating from the woven part - looks terrible.

I'll probably just hand paint it with a thick coat of black or brown with lots of sand added for traction. If I had more time until season I would definately hand paint the stand a better camo but I'd like to get the deer as used to it as possible so its gotta get out soon.

bearklr 07-23-2004 12:21 PM

That stand looks pretty good, should really do the job come hunting season. I just have a few ideas.

1st - Install a crapper in the back right corner so you can run it into the back leg and drain on the ground.

2nd - insullate the front right leg and fill the leg with your favorite beverage.

and 3rd bolt on lazy boy and magazine rack:D now you won't have to EVER go home:D:D

davidmil 07-23-2004 03:15 PM

ALL THAT and $300 later.... to get 7 feet off the ground? Hmmmmm.... I'd have to think on that.[&:]

Droptines 07-23-2004 04:49 PM

I would'nt consider it a "stand"if I could jump out of it and not get hurt[8D].

davidmil 07-23-2004 06:10 PM

If a deer can jump over it.... it's not a stand.[8D]

I think it would have been cheaper to dig a hole.:D

It is different though. I guess it would get you the elevation you needed in brush country... or maybe to watch a parade.:)

It would keep the snakes off your feet.:eek:

It would work in the middle of a corn field.;)

You can always fill the legs with concrete and make it a duck blind.[>:]

I could use it as scaffolding to fix my fireplace chimney bricks.:)

If you put wheels on it it would be great for keeping up with the kids in a department store.[:@]

Put a motor on it and it could go anywhere the water is not over 7 feet 8 inches.[&:]

Great life guard stand.:eek:

Mantis Mayer 07-23-2004 06:24 PM

I think it's cool, a little expensive, but I like it!

gobblergeter 07-23-2004 07:25 PM

YIKES!!!!!!

KBacon 07-23-2004 07:40 PM

What happens when the critters start chewing on it?

I commend you on your efforts... might want to add about 12' set of legs to the bottom of it though.

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just buy a ladder stand?

Shootem up870 07-23-2004 10:05 PM

hazcon it looks nice. looks like you put a lot of work into it. i would try to see if there were anyway to exttend the legs at least 5 foot. do you plan on putting it out in the open or next to a tree? either way nice work.

MD Piney 07-23-2004 11:34 PM

HAZCON7,

Damn good job on the PVC stand! Feels good to make something yourself with your own design. Maybe you could send a picture of the finished product in the woods?