HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Does a 1/4" Arrow Length Matter (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/66786-does-1-4-arrow-length-matter.html)

Silver Fox 07-21-2004 06:44 PM

Does a 1/4" Arrow Length Matter

I just bought a dozen of Beman Hunter ICS 400 arrows at my local bow shop. I noticed when I got home that they are 1/4" shorter than the 400's I am shooting now. I called them and they said it wouldn't make a noticable difference. They told me they would gladly cut 1/4" off my old ones or even replace the new ones if thats what I wanted. I'm shooting a Mathews Ultra Max, 65 lb pull, Muzzy ZE. I'm not a good enough shot to consistanly shoot in a 2" group so I wouldn't know if it was me or the arrows.

My question is: Will a 1/4" make a noticable difference????

Washington Hunter 07-21-2004 07:01 PM

RE: Does a 1/4" Arrow Length Matter

I don't think it's going to make that much of a difference, no.

Tree climber 07-21-2004 07:09 PM

as long as they are not to short for your draw(hitting you rest).the 1/4" want be enough the bother.

Fieldmouse 07-21-2004 07:23 PM

A 1/4 longer makes no diff but a 1/4 shorter makes a $68.00 diff.:D

Pro-Line 07-21-2004 08:24 PM

1/4" will make no difference. If it makes a difference with your rest, then you other arrows were too short to begin with...LOL

DR KILL 07-22-2004 03:48 PM

i think it matters, if you think it matters, no matter what anyone says if you think 1/4 of an inch matters it will always be in the back of your mind and will drive you nuts, example: did i miss because my arrow was a 1/4 inch smaller,,, wow that arrow flew funny i wonder if it was a short one ,, i would take them back and tell them to give you what you ordered just to give you piece of mind that all is good,,,,,, well goodluck

kelincp 07-22-2004 05:14 PM

I agree with Dr. Kill on this one. I'm sure everyone else is right about the 1/4" not making a difference, but in my fairly novice state of bowhunting I need to know that everything is perfect. Although I've learned that its almost always me and not equipment. It still helps to rule out any equipment issues. Just my thoughts.

Fieldmouse 07-22-2004 06:02 PM

I have never had a problem with the 1/4 inch except now with my new rest. My arrows are now 1/4 inch too short. They will pop off the string when using a broad head. I'm still shooting field points but know I need to spend some money on new arrows for hunting. That extra 1/4 inch won't matter for shooting.

Archeryman 07-22-2004 06:22 PM

I agree with the others. if you think it is going to bother you later if you miss or even shoot a little higher. Take them back, the guy said he would replace them.

nub 07-22-2004 08:36 PM

If you decide to keep them, make sure your MZE will lift a broadhead past the riser.