Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chuck Adams

Old 07-23-2004, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chuck Adams

I was trying to speak of attitude. I could really care less about Chuck Adams, but my opinion I am entitled to. He handled himself like a complete jerk when I saw him.
Not to me but to these kids who were in line to meet him. If you need him as a role model fine but dont tell someone they never will be something when you don't have a single clue of who they are or what they do. Since when does Chuck Adams need people like you to defend him? Were you there? Then why would you make such a foolish comment just like the one you are accusing me of? So how about we just drop it BUDDY! Its really not a big deal. But you go ahead and give him "Kudos" since you feel he is so much better than you.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

stealthy you just dont get it. Chuck is not superior to shooting a bow than any one of us here.
Like it was said before give me some money a guide and the time and I too will take a trophy.
I'm not taking away from Chuck I'm sure he's killed a lot on his own, but theres nothing special about him, any one of us could do it too. you dont have to be 7 foot tall, you dont have to run the 100 in 9 seconds, just have time and money to do what we all love, thats it, sorry bro but it you thats wrong.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Dominant Buck

How many of you guys have met chuck?
obviously you must not have because he is a geniune A$$.
he has a HUGE ego.
I have met him. I've sat in a chair in the back of the PSE truck and talked to him for about 40 minutes. Myself and one of the PSE guys. He comes across as pretty damn straight forward to me. You call it ego... I call it confidence. The boy is really on the shy side. He's a great hunter, archer and paid his dues. He scraped and clawed for years a few months a year so he could persue his passion..... bow hunting. Now that he finally(well some time ago really) got to the top, people want to cut him down and nock him off the hill.

He goes places to hunt we all would like to but would never make the committment. He spends weeks in hostile, unforgiving country for the chance of a shot at a particular animal. You do NOT shoot the class of animals he has simply because you had a guide. Many of his animals have been hard to come by. He's not hunting in 50 acre patches, fences or big feed lot places.

Rip him all you want. I don't really think he cares. He doesn't hunt to please you. Those of you who are so quick to throw stones at the boys hunting should be half the hunter he is> I found him likeable, friendly, informative and a little on the quiet humble side.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:45 PM
Typical Buck

As much as I disliked the way I was talked to at an outdoor show by him and as much as I dislike saying this, I cannot say that chuck is not one of the best bowhunters to ever live, fact is he is, despite my personel opinion of him. He still had to make the shot, whether it was a monster elk, or monster bear, or any of the world records that he owns. He still had to be in the right spot at the right time guided or unguided. He choose to commit his entire life to bowhunting game, he choose not to have a family or children. Some of us have an oppertunity to make that choice, some do not. If it came down to being know as the worlds best bowhunter and admired by all or being the worlds greatest dad and being admired by my son and daughter, there is no question in my mind my children would be the choice. Chuck can have all the glory and fame to himself and kill all the trophy animals his hearts desire, we as dads and mom's are the one's who are truely admired by the people that are important, our children.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:16 AM

After reading every one of these posts, I wondered for the first time really, what my opinion of Chuck Adams was. Like most, I have never met the man, but know several people, whos opinions I trust, that have. None of these guys had one bad thing to say about him. Most went on and on about how approachable and genuine he was.
I don't care if Lance Armstrong wins 10 more tour de frances, or if he is clean or dirty. I was more impressed by the woman that won the log rolling contest for the 6th straight year, or whatever it was, in the great outdoor games the other day. The reason is, I don't care about bike riding. I don't care what they go through, or sacrifice, to do what they do. However, I care deeply about bowhunting, and I can appreciate what Chuck Adams goes through, and has gone through, to put himself in position to be considered the best in the world at what he does.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:01 AM

How 'bout we all save our $.02 worth until one of use speaks to the man for over 40 friggin' minutes...unreal. I mean, to sit here and judge this man on 10..20...30...or even 40 minutes is just a TAD unfair. I could have sworn somebody told me once not to judge a book by its cover....and frankly, every one of the encounters mentioned doesn't even make it to the 'Acknowledgments'. You can judge the man's archery skill and record book entries, but I don't think any of you are qualified to put some broad label on him based on your chance meetings.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

So how about we just drop it BUDDY! Its really not a big deal. But you go ahead and give him "Kudos" since you feel he is so much better than you.
Not that I care but hes just a regular guy who has the time, sponsers and money to do what he did.
Tribal - Are you as good as Chuck Adams ? By that I mean, if you had his sponsors, tims and money, do you think you could kill 5 WR's, 112 P&Y trophies or whatever ? Do you think you could be Jordan, Tiger Woods, Emmit Smith or Pete Sampras too ?

Fact is, Chuck Adams is one of THE best bowhunters in the world. He's a very good shot, he's a very good stalker, he KNOWS how to hunt, how animals behave, he's incredible with his research and studies BEFORE the hunt. Chuck Adams could teach everyone on this message board a gret deal abiout hunting, just like Jordan could teach about BBall, Emmitt about football and Sampras about tennis. If you don't get that, if you don't understand that, then I submit you're either A) jealous that someone is that much better than you or B) a hell of an unknown bowhunter with a few WR racks and a few dozen P&Y's in his garage collecting dust and being humble about it all.

I'm guessing its A)

Chuck is not superior to shooting a bow than any one of us here.
Like it was said before give me some money a guide and the time and I too will take a trophy.
I'm not taking away from Chuck I'm sure he's killed a lot on his own, but theres nothing special about him, any one of us could do it too. you dont have to be 7 foot tall, you dont have to run the 100 in 9 seconds, just have time and money to do what we all love, thats it, sorry bro but it you thats wrong.
Okay, okay. I've stopped laughing now. I guess you think Yein, Hill, Bear and Ulmer aren't better than you then ?

Question - is Will Primos and team or Bill Jordan and team as good at shooting and aquiring places to hunt as Chuck Adams ? And yet they don't shoot WR's, do they ? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm why ?

If it came down to being know as the worlds best bowhunter and admired by all or being the worlds greatest dad and being admired by my son and daughter, there is no question in my mind my children would be the choice. Chuck can have all the glory and fame to himself and kill all the trophy animals his hearts desire, we as dads and mom's are the one's who are truely admired by the people that are important, our children.
Now that I do agree with . I would NOT trade my life for Chucks, now way.

sosowingshooter - my point was these guys think they are as good as Chuck Adams, Howard Hill, the great Fred Bear etc etc because those archery Greats got lucky breaks, or sponsors etc etc. I will never buy into that. The Greats of archery past and present had combinations of God given skills, desire, determination etc etc that most average everyday bowhunting folks just don't have. I KNOW this, I KNOW I don't have what Chuck has - and I admit it. Now, I'm a fair hunter with a few antlers/head on my walls, and my shooting aint bad ..... but I am not anywhere as close as Chuck Adams in hunting and shooting skills.

And these yahoo's are ? C'mon !! No way. Nada. Nope.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:31 AM

I dont know barely anything about Chuck, but from what i hear, he's a great hunter. greatest bowhunter of all time? No..Fred Bear is/was. Chuck would be #2 though. jealousy is why some people dont like him.

slayer
Old 07-24-2004, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fred Bear is/was
You ever watch Fred's videos ? Read his stories ? Fred is an icon .... an archery legend. Greatest bowhunter ? I dunno about that.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Dominant Buck

If there's one thing I've learned in 33 years of bowhunting... being a great target shooter doesn't make you a great bowhunter. I've seen tons of guys that can outshoot me on the range.... but when it comes to the moment of truth in the woods many would be greats simply melt. THey just don't have what it takes. Chucky has got it all in the woods. He understands his quarry, can read his movements and demeanor and make the arrow intercept at ranges many of the Ethics Police think is wrong. He's tops boys and girls.

Quick Reply: Chuck Adams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.