Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chuck Adams

Old 07-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chuck Adams

Dirt2, How do you think he took them bulls? or what is everyone else thinking ? Whats the scoop ? come on let me in on it.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Okay, you talked me into it! I'll tell you what I think, although I really don't know. What I've got is really speculative circumstantial type stuff, but at the least I do think it warrants investigating by somebody outside Pope and Young.

First, world record elk do not normally come from the state of MT, they come from AZ. Look at the top 20 bow kills in P & Y.

Second, Adams' first bull was killed right at the time that MT voters outlawed game farming. Prior to that, elk farming had become a huge industry, we had a major farm just down the road. These guys were producing 400 bulls like popcorn, then selling them to whoever could pay to come "hunt" them. Now, in a flash, these game farm guys' investment has gone out the window, bulls that were worth thousands of bucks are now worth diddly. Do you think in that environment maybe a guy could buy a big bull for cheap?

So, Chuck Adams kills a new world record bull in that environment, with the help of a guide. Now, when the first article on the hunt appears, Adams goes through this whole song and dance about how the guide DOESN'T WANT HIS NAME MENTIONED. Apparently he's real publicity-shy. For me that's the final straw. I know some bozo will jump up here to defend the guide yada yada. Here's what I say: go talk to 20 guides and ask them how many would try to hide their identity after they led a hunter to a new world record of any kind. I've been doing just this for years since Adams' first kill. I still haven't personally met a guide who doesn't basically guffaw at the whole question. "What, are you kiddin' me?" is the typical response, profanity excluded.

I think, again of course I can't know, that Chuck Adams'bulls in MT have a game farm pedigree. Whether they are bought straight off the farm, or they slip through a "hole" in the fence and Adams just happens to be on the other side, or some guy is doing some midnight "genetic sweetening" on the local wild elk herd, it all seems too fishy to me. I've been close to looking up a good investigative reporter a time or two, but the trail is already cold on the first kill, and I'm not sure I want to stir up the trouble.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMM..........
Old 07-23-2004, 02:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Dirt2

What I've got is really speculative circumstantial type stuff...
i agree with that...
Old 07-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doesnt he have to take a lie detector test. I thought everyone who gets a record, fish or game has to take one.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

OMG !!

Okay .... you explained 2 of his 5 WR's and I believe he had a couple trumped .... are you saying all those animals were penned and released too ?

112 P&Y animals ... how many of them do you attribute to having pedigrees ?

Chuck has never had a sinlge bad mark against him to my knowledge - none. Its like saying Lance Armstong took steroids and juice - he's never tested positive and only him winning Tour after Tour makes him guilty huh ?

Naw .... I don't buy it for a minute. Even elk in CWD areas their horns can be sold for big $$$. Assuming your far fetched explanation is true ... do you really think he'd risk getting caught to have yet another tame elk turned loose to hunt after killing the first ? Naw, c'mon ... he aint that dumb !
Old 07-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read the first three posts on this thread and skipped all the way down here to say, I met Chuck and he is a idiot. Most of his records are from guided hunts. Any of us are capable of doing what he did providing the money and no family to keep us from doing it. I spoke a long time to the his guide that assisted him on his massive brown bear he took at 12 yards. I got news for you I could of took it at 8!!! Not that I care but hes just a regular guy who has the time, sponsers and money to do what he did. Its not cause hes great. My opinion of course.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:29 PM

I hate to simplify this so much, but does it matter? I am a little confused about the point of the thread. Did he hunt these animals unethically? I don't know first hand, but I don't believe so. He is a hunter, and a well publicized one, and he does nothing to give hunting/bowhunting a black eye. Meaning, why in the world can't we stick together fellas? So this guy was a pr**k to a few of you over the years and it bruised your ego...this exact thing happens in the bow shop all the time...one guy claims something and the next can't wait to correct him to show both him and the shop that he is the 'superior' being. I always find it fascinating why it hurts someone's ego so much when someone is better/more knowledgeable than you/us? Does he 'know it all'...I don't remember there being a written quiz at the end of the hunt, all I know is he has a lot of horns to prove he was pretty good on those particular days...guided or not. I also know that every single one of us would want nothing more than to have just a few of his numerous record book animals.

We need 'faces' to represent bowhunting, and he happens to be one of those faces. Believe me fellas, we could have MUCH worse.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:36 PM

ok right now i am mid way through LIFE AT FULL DRAW, and if everything said is true i think that chuck is a respectable person to say the least. no i have not met him. some say he is a butt some say hes a great guy. you say tomato i say tamaato. some ppl just dont get along together. chuck has earned my respect as stealthycat has said.

also on the ted nugent thing... ive met him and i thought he was very funny and yet down to earth in his beliefs. just my opinion
Old 07-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any of us are capable of doing what he did providing the money and no family to keep us from doing it. I spoke a long time to the his guide that assisted him on his massive brown bear he took at 12 yards. I got news for you I could of took it at 8!!! Not that I care but hes just a regular guy who has the time, sponsers and money to do what he did. Its not cause hes great. My opinion of course.
And if NIKE sponsored you, you could take the Bulls to 6 NBA championships ? If the Postal Team put you at #1 you could win 6 Tour de Frances ? If Dallas put you at the #1 RB slot you could go for 2200 yards and 30 TD's ? Hey, its all about opportunity and who's backing you, right ? Jordan, Armstrong and Emmit Smith aren't any better than you, they just had the opportunitys, right ?

Uh, wrong buddy. You are not Jordan, you are not Emmit, you are not Lance and you aint no Chuck Adams and you never will be. Suck it up, eat your humble pie and learn something that you should have learned as a child - its called humility and knowing when to give kudos to someone who's a whole lot better at something than you are.

next ?

Quick Reply: Chuck Adams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.