HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Chuck Adams (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/66768-chuck-adams.html)

stealthycat 07-22-2004 05:54 PM

RE: Chuck Adams

Silent - Its been my experience that many times when you have conflicting reports on someones personality, either you caught 'em on a bad day or its a reflection of the way you came across to begin with.

I can see Chuck after the show ...

"this fellow came up to me today, can this guy be anymore sarcastic and full of himself, probably not. His ego was a turnoff to anything he really said. Was so pissed that he was an aerogant , egotistical, A$$ that i left halfway through the show and went home. I just couldn't stand the guy! "

If I didnt have to work and was able to hunt all day everyday and had a pocket full of money, I too could be as good as chuck.
See, theres that stupid stuff coming to the surface. Thats like saying "if I could buy a race car i too could be a Dale Jr. " Just stupid.

lou-lou 07-22-2004 08:52 PM

Yup! I'm a total ass , been told many times, thanks for the compliment

etw 07-23-2004 07:14 AM

I admire Chuck. These days, high profile hunters like him NEED a witness. As far as the rest of us, its all a matter of Buck$$$ IMO.:eek:

rcd567 07-23-2004 08:46 AM

I met Chuck a couple decades ago and he was very nice. Soft spoken and polite. I've read both his books and believe the reason he uses guides is so that no one can dispute what he did...HE HAS A WITNESS! In one of his books he says that numerous times folks have tried to discredit him and he has taken some of them to court and he wins. The guide/witness protects him from vermin such as this. I would get tired too of having my name drug through the mud by jealous fools. I don't put him on a pedestal, he's just a man. But he's done some amazing things with a bow and arrow and has earned my respect.

gby 07-23-2004 09:08 AM

I met chuck in Missula Mt at the airport I was on the way home from a self guided elk bowhunt he was on the way to newfoundland for caribou . He sat in the seat in front of me on the plane we talked for about 30 minuts he seemed like a very nice guy. That was about 15 years ago.

bowhuntt 07-23-2004 09:38 AM

Every one seems pretty heated over this whole chuck adams thing. There are a lot of people that are saying hes the best bowhunter in the world. well it might seem this way to you because he is in so many publications. and im not saying that he isnt Necessarily but I am a very good friend of a man named Jim Ryan. in my experience he is every bit as good of a hunter as chuck is or will ever be -- he killed the north american 29 a couple of months after chuck hes killed i think 5 or six world records and i dont think anyone can count his pope and young entrys but the best part about him is that he doesnt care to be in the public eye. it doesnt matter wether or not he has killed 150 or 1000 pope and young entries. he hunts because he loves it Even though he has killed as many things as chuck adams maybe even more he doesnt go parading around bragging not that thats bad but it is very refreshing to see someone that is so sucsessful and good at bowhunting not go around saying i have killed 134 P&Y animals. he has got to be the nicest hunter i think i have ever met too. he makes time for every one he has given away probably 500 or 600 bows. he now helps his wife angie with her bow hunting and his grandson who is 6 with his hunting. he goes on many hunts and pays for a spot for himself but generaly doesnt even get to hunt because he is that involved with his wife and grandson having a great time while on their hunts. to me all the above makes him one of the most knowlagable, personable, and definatly one of the best bowhunters of all time

To me this is what a true hunter is. he doesnt go bragging or saying things to make himself seem like a better hunter he doesnt even care if hes the best bowhunter ever but he proves it through his knowlage and through being a just a great guy. to me that makes him (in my mind ) he best bowhunter of toay because i never met the greats such as fred bear, pope and young, i wont say the best ever
Hope this hits home with the TRUE bowhunters out there

Double Creek 07-23-2004 09:47 AM

bowhuntt, how old are you?

Hopefully you are kid, b/c you sure sound like one. "My Dad is tougher than your Dad"

Chuck Adams is regarded by many people as the greatest bowhunter of all time. Jim Ryan deserves alot of credit too. IMO, Ryan made a huge mistake by not getting in the public eye. Chuck has set himself up for life and will be known as the greatest.

Being sponsored by various companies and putting pictures of your kills in magazines does not mean you are bragging, it means you are a smart business man.

sho-me_bhntr 07-23-2004 09:48 AM

seriously, i'm not trying to ruffle your feathers, but if jim ryan isn't in the "public eye," how will anyone be able to look up to him?...lets face it...people don't know you if you're not in the "public eye."

c j 07-23-2004 09:49 AM

Again, I've never met Chuck Adams, so I couldn't tell you what he's like personally, but I don't think he should be labeled a braggart or a publicity hound because his name and accomplishments are out there so much. It's his JOB to talk about what he's done; he's a columnist.

Also, unless things have changed dramatically, none of the posters, ads, taglines, etc., label him as the "world's best bowhunter" because he won't allow them to do that. They talk about that in Life at Full Draw.

Dirt2 07-23-2004 02:13 PM

I firmly believe there is something very fishy about Chuck Adams' recent spate of world record elk. I've gone into great detail on this in another post, actually it was about his first w.r. bull. Then he adds another. Here in MT, where he killed both those bulls, I could probably get 100 signatures in 5 minutes calling for an investigation of his methods.

I know one guy who hunts some of the same country Chuck Adams does. Now this is kind of weird, but this guy has observed Adams from afar on solo elk hunts. The guy is a longtime guide and really, really knows his stuff about elk hunting. He says from his direct observation that Chuck Adams isn't much of an elk hunter.

I really am not going to get into another fire fight over this issue; I'm sick of it. Let me just say I expect to see the man led away in handcuffs before his career is over.